Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

Phantasms

Episode name: "Phantasms"

Season: 7

Director: Patrick Stewart

Interphasic parasites contaminating a conduit in a temporary replacement warp core cause Data's dream program to generate nightmares. (Memory Alpha)

I want a piece of cellular peptide cake. With mint frosting. ;) This episode isn't among my favorites... but it does feature one of the most well-known TNG scenes ever - the one with the cake and Worf. *lol*

What I like the most about it is how Jean-Luc wants to answer the phone and Freud yells at him "NEIN NEIN NEIN, do not be so literal!"... and, of course, how Jean-Luc nags at LaForge because of the warp engines. I love how he suddenly shows up in engineering and wants to give 'helpful' advice. LMAO!

I also adore the scene with Jean-Luc and Riker when Jean-Luc's all about "Damn, I gotta go to that damn dinner this year, there's not escape this time". LOL! Poor darling!

Anyway... as I said, not one of my favorite episodes... but it's not THAT bad.

but it does feature one of the most well-known TNG scenes ever - the one with the cake and Worf.

I think I'd agree with that. Mmmm, now I want cake... :drool:

Not one of my favorite episodes either...the Troi cake reminds me too much of the Tom Petty video, "Don't come around here no more"...The Alice in Wonderland cake...which gave me the creeps!

Acting, if I remember, was a little forced in that episode...

I remember this episode from being a small child. Freaked the heck out of me. But now i love that episode. Its hilarious. The Enterprise speeds to warp, and flash, and Dark. The ship goes to a dead stop. Great scene. The new Trek movie reminded me of that scene when the ship failed to go to warp.

I love Data's dream sequences, they really are quite disturbing. It isn't one of the best episodes, but it is enjoyable and it is memorable.

I agree with Voyager, Data's dream sequences are what I remember from this ep.

Watched the episode awhile ago.

I know in my last reply that I said it was not my favorite and it was good...that was a bad typo lol

It is my favorite episode, it was when it first aired :P It was a great episode of course. That's what I meant to say before, d'oh

I liked the weirdness of it. And it was weirdness coming out of Data's mind; if I had to ask him a question about what he dreampt, I would ask him what he thought the significance of Bev sucking Riker's brain out of a straw was. You are a strange fellow Data aren't you :P

I absolutely love this episode because of the shire level of bizarre it reaches! The Troi cake, the Strawberry Riker Brain Milkshake through the straw, the mouths and the Data phone box are all so weird. But I love them. He really creeped me out when he stalked Troi with that knife though. I also really want some of that Data cake. 8 out of 10.

6.5/10 - Liked it better than I remembered, strange, even creepy episode at times. Data's dream sequences were interesting, also Picard wanting to avoid that admiral party.

Sign in to follow this