Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

Gambit, Part II

Episode name: "Gambit, Part II"

Season: 7

Director: Alexander Singer

Picard and Riker try to find out what the pirates want while the Enterprise pursues them. (Memory Alpha)

Part II isn't as great as Part I due to the rather lame ending in that cavern IMO... but aside from that, the episode is still great. I love the 'health and safety inspection'. LOL!

And seeing Data in command is nice, too.

And I absolutely adore the scene at the end in which Jean-Luc yawns. It's so adorable! And I love how he then jokingly orders Data to take Riker to the brig and Data actually does so. :laugh:

Love it. Hehe.

Poor Will...it won't be his first night in the slammer. Sigh.

I love the layers of this episode. Three different people all with so many different undercover personas, I think it's excellent.

Ah the eight foot Klingon :laugh: Charming fella wasn't he?

Data assuming command at the end was priceless. First Riker tells Picard he can't return to duty because he's listed as being dead and then Data reminds him he's listed for treason :giggle:

The fake death of Will was convinced. Just be glad he didn't get up before they beamed out, otherwise... :giggle:

laugh.gif

...and that Troi played along...

Edited by Ensign Seven

thumbup.gif Data's "joke" in the end....pretending to take Riker to the Brig...

Who said it was faked, lol!

Hmm. I got the impression that Data's facial expression shows that he does understand Picard's joke turning it into his own pretending not to understand...

Again this is okay, though I feel it shouldn't have been stretched out into two parts. By the time I get half way through this second part, I start to find the mian plot quite boring because of how long it went on for. I loved the moody Klingon giant that made Worf look like Alexander, and his meeting with Data in the ready room where they both still wanted to be friends was nice. 6 out of 10.

Watched the second part of Gambit, not one of my favourite feature length episodes but it's an entertaining episode and I love the scenes between Data (as acting Captain) and Worf.

7/10

Sign in to follow this