Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

Second Chances

Watched that one recently. And I must say I'm disappointed that the production team didn't go ahead with killing Will Riker to replace him with a Ops Tom Riker (and a Data first officer! Source).

Some of the argument was with the fact that they were moving the TNG team to the big screen. That's too bad; If that episode could have been done a season or two earlier, it would have been great for storytelling and character development, and a nice challenge for Jonathan Frakes (On the subject, I remember reading that Ira Behr regretted not doing the new Dax host earlier than season 7).

I too was disappointed they did not go the route of replacing Will with Tom Riker.  Hopefully, future Star Trek productions won't play it so safe.  However, I would have hated to have lost Jadzia Dax earlier than season 7 though. 

Watched that one recently. And I must say I'm disappointed that the production team didn't go ahead with killing Will Riker to replace him with a Ops Tom Riker (and a Data first officer! Source).

Some of the argument was with the fact that they were moving the TNG team to the big screen. That's too bad; If that episode could have been done a season or two earlier, it would have been great for storytelling and character development, and a nice challenge for Jonathan Frakes (On the subject, I remember reading that Ira Behr regretted not doing the new Dax host earlier than season 7).

I too was disappointed they did not go the route of replacing Will with Tom Riker.  Hopefully, future Star Trek productions won't play it so safe.  However, I would have hated to have lost Jadzia Dax earlier than season 7 though. 

I agree it's disappointing we only got one season with Ezri ... my suggestion would have been to just continue DS9 for an 8th-10th season, or so. ;)

Sign in to follow this