Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

The Apple

TOS Season 2, Episode 5

WRITTEN BY

Max Ehrlich

DIRECTED BY

Joseph Pevney

First Aired Oct 13, 1967

Stardate 3715.3

When a landing party beams down to the planet Gamma Trianguli VI, they find what appears to be an idyllic paradise. They quickly discover, however, that the planet is deadly, sporting plants that shoot thorns, rocks that explode, and incredibly accurate lightning bolts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirk has a knack for interfering. He just destroyed those people's immortality.

I also found it annoying how grown adults were too embarrassed to say the word sex. Then again it was the sixties. Sex had only just been discovered.

Ah well. 'The Apple' was okay

Aaah, the episode in which all these redshirts are killed! :laugh:

I don't like Kirk's interference policy here either. It's NOT his job to determine whether these guys are happy or not. :glare: But I do like Vaal. I just love the idea somehow. Hehe.

This episode gets a 6 from me as well.

Another ep that featured redshirts dying every few minutes. Otherwise, not much point to watching this one.

Interesting episode. Kirk sabatoges a planet and leaves, hmm. I though his comment regarding children at the end was interesting "Just keep going the way you're going, and you'll find out." The natives weren't going anywhere yet.

Oh dear. Another ep where people are in thrall to a computer. This is at least the third and the plot's growing old quickly. I did like the detail where Vaal's mouth looked like a snake's head. And the implication that Spock was Satan was funny too.

Re-watched this one yesterday. I didn't remember Spock being hit so many times: first by the poison flower, then by Val's force field and finally by a lightning bolt! That was amusing :laugh:

Edited by notaplayer83

giphy.gif

This one reminds me more of a Gilligan's Island episode than a Star Trek, but still; it's unintentionally as funny as all hell, too.

The people of Vaal look like refugees from a tanning salon disaster...

theapple_253.jpg

"Do you use FakeBakeTM tanning spray, sir?"

Yes, poor Spock does manage to get his butt kicked quite a bit in this one, doesn't he? :laugh: Amazing how the lightning didn't vaporize him like it did the redshirt...

theapple_499.jpg

This is typical, very colorful S2 Star Trek; Kirk violates the prime directive, kills a planet's "god/computer" (a two-for-one for Kirk), McCoy and Spock have an ethics debate, and humans tells the natives about love.

I'm surprised Kirk didn't rip his tunic while he was at it... :giggle:

For sheer entertainment value (and little else) I give this one a 7....

^ You forgot the slash and how Kirk almost screams at Spock after Spock takes the poisonous dart thingies (let's ALSO not forget that he pushes Kirk out of the way in a JIM NO MY BELOVED way). :P

"Just what do you think you were trying to do?"

"I surmised you were unaware of that plant, so I -"

"Stepped in front and took the thorns yourself."

^ You forgot the slash and how Kirk almost screams at Spock after Spock takes the poisonous dart thingies (let's ALSO not forget that he pushes Kirk out of the way in a JIM NO MY BELOVED way). :P

The things we do for love.... :laugh:

theapple_122.jpg

theapple_122.jpg

I would do the very same thing for Jean-Luc. If that's any comfort. ;) (He would SCREAM at me for it just like Kirk basically rages at Spock but meh.)

theapple_122.jpg

I would do the very same thing for Jean-Luc. If that's any comfort. ;) (He would SCREAM at me for it just like Kirk basically rages at Spock but meh.)

You gotta love Nimoy's classic WTF expression, too... :giggle:

theapple_122.jpg

Haha yeah it always makes me giggle (along with the pterodactyl screeches I tend to make because KIRK/SPOCK CAN U BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS).

theapple_122.jpg

Haha yeah it always makes me giggle (along with the pterodactyl screeches I tend to make because KIRK/SPOCK CAN U BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS).

Too true. :laugh:

This one is a guilty pleasure for me... Its perhaps my favourite use of the planet of the week set, lots of red shirts dying, great Kirk-Spock-McCoy bantering, good parts for Doohan and Keonig, and the Enterprise in jeopardy story to boot.

This one is a guilty pleasure for me... Its perhaps my favourite use of the planet of the week set, lots of red shirts dying, great Kirk-Spock-McCoy bantering, good parts for Doohan and Keonig, and the Enterprise in jeopardy story to boot.

It's so wonderfully typical of S2; I couldn't hate it if I tried. Kirk kills a computer/god, breaks the prime directive, and saves the ship (from the ground!). I'm surprised he didn't boink a native while he was at it.... :giggle:

It's so wonderfully typical of S2; I couldn't hate it if I tried. Kirk kills a computer/god, breaks the prime directive, and saves the ship (from the ground!). I'm surprised he didn't boink a native while he was at it.... :giggle:

He was too busy with worrying about Spock, I guess. :P

Imagine Spock's gratitude sex when they got back to the ship... :giggle:

*PTERODACTYL SCREECH*

tumblr_lxkagtHYPK1qbgx8ao2_250.gif

*PTERODACTYL SCREECH*

tumblr_lxkagtHYPK1qbgx8ao2_250.gif

Talk about public displays of affection.... :P

.... notice how T'Pau is leaning forward a bit. :giggle:

amoktime0389.jpg

T'Pau TOTALLY ships them, I'm convinced of that. I am also reminded of a VERY naughty Kirk/T'Pau story I once read OH MY GOD IT WAS SO WRONG BUT ALSO PERFECT.

And really, it was Spock's Pon Farr, you can't blame him for displaying his affections so openly. :P

T'Pau TOTALLY ships them, I'm convinced of that. I am also reminded of a VERY naughty Kirk/T'Pau story I once read OH MY GOD IT WAS SO WRONG BUT ALSO PERFECT.

And really, it was Spock's Pon Farr, you can't blame him for displaying his affections so openly. :P

I'm feeling the need to hit the Amok Time thread.... :laugh: