Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Rate this Class Ship: Oberth Class

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I like the Oberth-class.

Its design is very non-traditional and its layout is interesting,even though it doesn't really make sense how you'd get from one deck to another.

I gave the ship a 9/10,because of how important the class is in the Star Trek universe.

Another nine from me... and I don't know why.

I don't know why I like it so much, but I do. She's an interesting design, something innovative rather than simply "saucer, neck, engineering, nacelles". Instead, all the elements are there but they've been blended together in a new way, and for that, she gets my respect!

USS Grissom and USS Spearhead for the win! :thumbsup2:

8. This Science type Heavy-class starship may have weird rejected constitution Nesciles but it is one of the things that make the star trek universe great. I'd love to see a next gen class thats sort of a remake of it. Like how Sovereign is a Remake of Excelsior

I went with an EIGHT.

It's a purpose-built, diminutive ship that does what it was designed to do;

and it looks cool, too.

I'll go with a 9.

It's a really cool looking ship and I tend to have an affinity for the science vessels - they always seem to be quite ascetically appealing =3

I own 3 gashapon models of the Grissom.

I was looking for it for the longest time and then I got all three right in a row... that's why gashapon are both fun and irritating at the same time.

It's one of my favorite ships.

I really like the Oberth. Gave it an 8. When it comes to pleasing aesthetics, the Oberth-class deals it out in spades. I mean, most science vessels I see in Trek are complete disasters of design. Except for the Nebula-class. :happy: But I think just that and the Oberth are prime starship designs.

Sorry for necroing, but I just wanted to say I gave this one a 10. While the Excelsiors are the workhorses of the fleet and get at least some of the glory, these ships get none of that and instead get all the beatings there are to spend. USS Grissom and SS Vico, just to name two examples.

Nah, it'd have to be years old to be considered necro posting around here.

Anyways, I'd give it an 8.

A really nice looking, and small and simple science ship for the times. Though I would've expected a little better shields than what was on the Grission. That was a terrible flaw, and probably was corrected by the 2290's. 9

This design looks tough and designed to navigate strange and perilous stretches of space so ideal for studying nebulae and weird planets. I also can imagine it forming a intelligience gathering service as well as operating on the borders to provide maintenance to comm. and navigational buoys. It is also something different to the standard Federation design so I'm all for that. I'd give it a 7 - the tiny neck is a bit of a niggle. A bit of a squeeze moving from one end to the other I would imagine!

Sign in to follow this