MadamHoney

You know you've watched too much Star Trek when...

199 posts in this topic

My wife and I had a Klingon wedding nearly 10 years ago.

We also have matching Klingon ink.ink.jpg

My wife and I had a Klingon wedding nearly 10 years ago.

We also have matching Klingon ink.ink.jpg

Who killed the wedding targ? :laugh:

1. You know you've watched Star Trek too much when you call your car Tiberius.

2. When you name an apartment you live in as Empok Nor (which I plan on doing).

3. When you see someone drop their visor over their eyes and you say, "Just like Commander LaForge!" (Which happened yesterday when I was at Mcds and had a minute of extra time. I dropped my visor over my eyes and told my manager I should go around like that. That was his reply).

4. When your interest in certain songs stems from the Star Trek references (Minstrel Boy, Model of a Modern Major General)

5. When your text notification is Worf saying, "Captain, Incoming Message."

You know You've watched too much Star Trek when:

You find Yourself in the Kitchen in front of the Microwave, trying to instruct it to make Your Favorite recipes because You think it's a Food Replicator.

You begin referring to Your Cellphone as a Communicator and actually Program the dial-tone to say: "Priority-One Communique'" every time You get an incoming phone call.

You raise Your eyebrow in the Quizzical "Vulcan Fashion" every time You hear others making Ponderous or Idiotic remarks! :vulcan:

Edited by Sovereign XZarreth TKon

When I'm stuck in traffic and just want to say, "Computer, exit program." :laugh:

I try to figure how I can mount a Photon Torpedo launcher in the bed of my truck..."Death to Tailgators"

Cloaking device for my truck...Oh yeah!!!

Their is a gator in one of the ponds at the University I work at (it's Louisiana, we have gators everywhere). I named him Gorn!!!

When your are stand in a crowd of people next to a elevator and you get that urge to make that woshing sound like the doors on the Enterprise as people go in and out of then .

I get the urge to scream out PEACAN !!!!!!! out loud in the nut department of my grocery store.

I was once walking down the street in Chicago with my friend and every red shirt me a she seen we yelled out " She or He Dead Jim " as they looked at us like we where nuts .

When your are stand in a crowd of people next to a elevator and you get that urge to make that woshing sound like the doors on the Enterprise as people go in and out of then .

Shhh-ffaaaf.. :giggle:

My wife and I have gone into elevators in public places where I've said (in her ear usually), "Bridge." :P

Shhh-ffaaaf.. :giggle:

My wife and I have gone into elevators in public places where I've said (in her ear usually), "Bridge." :P

Well, I've never thought of doing that before. :P

I was about to say that it's been a while I've watched Trek so I don't really do such things anymore.

Except that...

Every night, I go check my temperature regulated containers outside (it's currently near -40 [yes, that works both for celsius and farenheit ] with wind), I put my PPE, which includes protective glasses, a hard hat with a winter liner, big winter steel-toed boots that can go to -100c (and therefore looks like moon boots) and warm coveralls. There is a double door area between my loading dock and the outside that feels like an airlock, so as I activate my headlamp, I sometimes pretend I'm locking up my spacesuit.

The worst is, while outside, I sometimes make breathing apparatus noises!

I'm a damn dork!

On a cooler (no pun intended. Actually, pun intended, but still not funny) note, here's a picture of an encounter I had last night:

arctic_fox.jpg

Edited by Tupperfan

You start to see Dukat's side of things.

I was about to say that it's been a while I've watched Trek so I don't really do such things anymore.

Except that...

Every night, I go check my temperature regulated containers outside (it's currently near -40 [yes, that works both for celsius and farenheit ] with wind), I put my PPE, which includes protective glasses, a hard hat with a winter liner, big winter steel-toed boots that can go to -100c (and therefore looks like moon boots) and warm coveralls. There is a double door area between my loading dock and the outside that feels like an airlock, so as I activate my headlamp, I sometimes pretend I'm locking up my spacesuit.

The worst is, while outside, I sometimes make breathing apparatus noises!

I'm a damn dork!

On a cooler (no pun intended. Actually, pun intended, but still not funny) note, here's a picture of an encounter I had last night:

arctic_fox.jpg

I remember changing many a fluorescent light tube in my old store, pausing, breathing heavily, and saying to myself, "No, I am your father...." :vader::giggle:

Edited by Sehlat Vie

You know you've watched too much Star Trek...

The elevator one, chair one, car as shuttle one, tea, Earl Gray hot one, all.

You name your orange cat Spot. (I had one in the 90s and to be different, he was Quark).

You leave a building, room, gathering and when just out of range, flip open a phone or press your chest and go, 'Enterprise, one to beam up!" And run off.

You name your spotted beagle Porthos.

You have a costume for each series ready in case the convention or comic or costume show where you can dress according to which cast members might be on hand.

You like spouting random quotes from Star Trek in a crowd of Trekkies knowing they will get the joke. Or if you're really out there, you spot them off when you don't know if the are or not, and try to explain the joke to no avail.

You have a Star Trek themed license plate, bumper stickers, and a Starfleet Academy graduate thing of some kind on the car.

You call Chinese chow mein Gagh when ordering.

You can actually recite 'Happy Birthday to You' to an appropriate Trekkie friend, in Klingon during a birthday, preferably followed by the pain stick whack like in TNG season 2.

You know the back stories of the actors from their imdb listings and whatnot.

You call your drinks in a bar after the Star Trek names for them and call the bar, any bar, Quarks, or Ten Forward if it has a view.

You walk into the technology dept. of a big science building on a campus and assume immediately it is a branch of Starfleet in the future and respect it well.

You've actually made a pilgrimage to the future home of Starfleet Academy on at least one occasion.

You've been to Riverside Iowa. (I have not directly, but been through Iowa).

Your screen saver is a Star Trek themed one.

You have your own Star Trek themed stories and post them as though you are the captain of the ship.

You say 'Live long and prosper' instead of good bye.

Edited by Chimera82405

You know you've seen too much Star Trek when:

You end every call with 'Hailing frequencies closed.'

You habitually click your chest near where a comm badge should be when receiving a message.

Your smartphone has Star Trek sounds only, for opening, closing, etc, and the app store is set to Star Trek merch.

You think of your friends as the acting crew of a starship.

You and your friends actively role play that you are an acting crew whenever you meet.

When you go on a vacation it's an away mission.

When giving orders to subordinates, if you have them, you say 'Make it so.'

You had a pet tribble, and now have eighty...oh my.

You have made your own passionately accurate Star Trek related fan series (whatever it may be) and are so into it that you lose sleep, time, and even friends, at the expense of making fan fiction.

The cast members have all blocked you from their twitter accounts, or other online accounts, because you have driven their publicists crazy with questions and fan mail.

To you Star Trek is not an imaginary show made up by Hollywood with actors paid to do a job, but rather, life to the fullest.

You go to conventions and seem disappointed that now your favorite captains are graying old people, (not meant to be offensive), and wonder, where did the time go?

You nitpick the canon of movies and books, series and whatnot so much people around you leave.

Your TV isn't a TV, it's the viewer.

Your man cave is the bridge and has a captain's chair.

Your fantasy sports team does Star Trek instead.

Maybe you've done some of these but I didn't read the whole thread.

Edited by Chimera82405

You know you've seen too much Star Trek when:
Dating rules include Star Trek and if she or he doesn't like it, it's off, no more date.
You think green Orion women could somehow come to Earth or be made through genetics.
You factor all your repair estimates by four.
Your shuttle, as in car, has a gps that sounds like Majel.
Your home theater has Star Trek as the priminent viewing.
Illogical is not just a catch phrase.

You factor all your repair estimates by four.

If you factor all your repair costs by a factor of four? I think you're my mechanic... :giggle:

...Wen someone tells you something stupid and all you is say: "Hum... Humanoids and your obsessions" in a deep voice (i do that) :)

Edited by Garak the spy

...if you go to street dealers looking for "LDS."

...you hop into a taxi, give your destination, and say "engage." (bonus points for the hand motion)

...you apply the rules of acquisition in the workplace.

...you encounter something curious and tilt your head quizzically. (of course, this might also be mistaken for imitating the RCA dog from the 90's commercials, but still...)

...you win a game, and say "I busted him/her/it up."

...you recite every possible synonym for something, or ask, "What is the etiology of that idiom?"

Edited by Captain_Bravo

Or any confused dog in general.

...you encounter something curious and tilt your head quizzically. (of course, this might also be mistaken for imitating the RCA dog from the 90's commercials, but still...)

Nipper and Chipper have more name recognition than a generic dog, though...and since Sir Patrick Stewart was the spokesman for RCA, that makes the connection all the stronger :P