MadamHoney

You know you've watched too much Star Trek when...

Don't think I've seen this on here already, they've just started this up on another forum I visit and thought it might be amusing. ;)

You know you've watched too much Star Trek when .. you avoid wearing a red shirt, just incase.

Eden   

... or if it takes you a while to realise that your microwave-owen isn't a replicator, so that raktajino you ordered isn't going to materialise ...

You know you've watched it too much when...

you put your mug in the microwave, press the button and say, "Tea, Earl Grey. Hot."

You know you've watched too much Star Trek when .. you START to SPEAK in a slooow...and...YET exAGerated waay, whilst pulling faces like you're in pain.

Hiyasu   
You know you've watched it too much when...

you put your mug in the microwave, press the button and say, "Tea, Earl Grey. Hot."

God, I do this one alot.

Glenn   

Or how about when you copy phrases, words and even speech patterns from your favourite characters (I do this all the time from both Trek and Bond)?

- You refer to your car as a shuttlepod

- You begin your diary with "Captain's Log, Stardate..."

- You answer the telephone with "Scully here, go ahead..." (used my surname to illustrate: this can also be one for The X-Files fans)

- You write your own bloody series!

- You make a wooshing sound whenever you open a door

- You start the following activities with your mates: poker night (The Next Generation); dabo (Deep Space Nine); movie night (Enterprise)

- You try to teach somebody the rules of fizzbin

- You post in response to this topic

You dream about it, or you pick up on the character's habits (Ex: The 'Picard Maneuver')

Or you start acting like different races... continuingly following the logical courses of action or displaying higher levels of hostility to name some characteristics.

Tone720   

You speak in metaphors and expect people to reply in the same

eg "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra", "Picard and Dathon at ElAdrel"

Sam   
I sit down and scream ENGAGE! If anyone is sat in front of me.

LMAO! :thumbup:

You know you've watched too much Star Trek when...you shout "TIME?" and nothing happens :(

(I would love that though, when you wake up in the morning its so much effort to turn over and look at the clock!)

Tone720   
LMAO! :thumbup:

You know you've watched too much Star Trek when...you shout "TIME?" and nothing happens :(

(I would love that though, when you wake up in the morning its so much effort to turn over and look at the clock!)

See, the mistake you're making is that you should be shouting "Computer: Time" ;)

Artemis   

You've revised your formerly negative opinion about reptiles and crustaceans :rolleyes:

( of course if you never had negative opinions about them you start to encourage others to appreciate their charm :biggrin: )

You know you've watched too much trek when:

1.You get mad when some other show is on in it's time slot.

2. You make paper models of starships.

3. You continually pretend that you're the captain of your starship (which is basically the house.)

4. You want to make a starship (or a Klingon bird-of-prey) in your own backyard.

5. You finally realize you're posting on this message board,

Mishi   

lol, these are great!

1. You are at work and you love the new chairs the boss ordered because they remind you of the chairs in the ship with Transwarp drive that Scotty sabotaged. So you pull the arms over your lap and bark, "Activate Transwarp drive!" (this was years ago, but I still remember it as if it were yesterday!)

2. A friend does it with you :laugh:

3. You try to make a trendy TOS uniform shirt so you can wear it out in public.

3. You try to make a trendy TOS uniform shirt so you can wear it out in public.

Hey, there's great merit to that. I'm working on it! :P

Mishi   

lol! All I need is some suitable gold or silver material for the badge and I can officially turn it into a TOS shirt. I have everything else I need, but for some reason, I can't find gold or silver cloth (or a handsome shade of yellow/orange or grey). It's killing me because I don't need that much either :laugh:

You know you watch too much Star Trek when......

1. You say, Computer locate Mr. Fuzzy (the cat)

2. You try get your shower to be a transporter

3. You introduce yourself to people saying, Peace and long life.

4. You tell taxi driver, "engage" once you tell him where you are going. (he gave me the finger when I did that)

5. When you show up to the Halloween costume contest in a TNG uniform. (My Trek name was Commander David Drake)

You know you've watched too much Star Trek when...

You and your girlfriend/boyfriend call each other Imzadi. ;)

(Yes, yes we do.)