Sign in to follow this  
Ael

Redemption Part 2

^ She was. She's one of the ships that Jean-Luc says he wants to add to the fleet, no matter if some yard superintendent says they're not ready.

So my head canon actually makes sense.... yay! :laugh:

Yeah - I do get the vibe it was a battle bridge. Most non-canon sources claim that (but then again - we'll never know for sure will we?).

But Mr. Picard does seem accurate on the idea that only ships that can seperate have two bridges. Unless the idea of a battle bridge is if everyone dies on the main bridge or if it is destroyed? I don't know. VOY or the DEF never seemed to have such a thing.

^ I think you can turn basically any room into an auxiliary bridge control room thingy, and I would assume that most ships have such a designated auxiliary bridge control room where you only have to walk in and activate a few consoles and command codes and you're good to go. You can apparently also run a ship from Engineering (or at least that's what they tried in TNG's "Brothers", it WOULD have worked if Data hadn't taken control of the main bridge AND all command function locations). I just think that battle bridges, meaning FULL bridges complete with consoles, ready room and a viewscreen are something you only find on ships that can separate.

^ I think you can turn basically any room into an auxiliary bridge control room thingy, and I would assume that most ships have such a designated auxiliary bridge control room where you only have to walk in and activate a few consoles and command codes and you're good to go. You can apparently also run a ship from Engineering (or at least that's what they tried in TNG's "Brothers", it WOULD have worked if Data hadn't taken control of the main bridge AND all command function locations). I just think that battle bridges, meaning FULL bridges complete with consoles, ready room and a viewscreen are something you only find on ships that can separate.

Even TOS has an auxiliary control center (seen mainly in "The Changeling" "Doomsday Machine" and "Way To Eden")

Basically, it was just an ugly little room with a screen and a few consoles. Nothing pretty. I assumed the Sutherland's bridge was the same thing.

Even TOS has an auxiliary control center (seen mainly in "The Changeling" "Doomsday Machine" and "Way To Eden")

Basically, it was just an ugly little room with a screen and a few consoles. Nothing pretty. I assumed the Sutherland's bridge was the same thing.

Yeah. It seems way too small to be a standard bridge.Didn't quite seem to have the standard bridge layout, either, so I'll go with auxiliary control.

Just watched this again and...is there some explanation as to why, when the entire bridge crew seemed awed when they saw her, Worf seems to have no reaction whatsoever to the sight of Romutasha?

Sign in to follow this