Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - Season Four

Glenn   

As promised, here's the updated front page. It contains all you need to know about the forthcoming season. Indeed, Season Four was originally supposed to be the final season, an intentional nod to Star Trek: Enterprise, but... well, things evolved somewhat. I've got it down to a fine art, writing these episodes: it takes, on average when focused, two days to complete one. This means, hopefully, I'll be able to work hard and get Season Five (the actual final season) finished while you're all reading Season Four. With the cliffhanger I'm planning, you'll either thank me or throttle me... let's find out!

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - Season Four

seasonfourxq2.png

Created by Glenn Scully

Based upon "Star Trek" created by Gene Roddenberry

Premise:

The year is 2375. Captain Josiah Graves and the crew of the USS Discovery NCC-76240 have survived their toughest year to date. A gigantic plot levelled against the Sirrustra System and Starbase 499 has been uncovered, leading to one of the most painful betrayals faced by the United Federation of Planets. Wrestling with an uninterested Earth, thanks to the ongoing Dominion War and the battle for the Alpha Quadrant, those Starfleet officers serving in the remote corners of the Beta Quadrant feel isolated, unwanted and alone. The day-to-day struggles of mere existence are beginning to take their toll. Tensions are beginning to fray, not least between a certain tactical officer and helmsman. As one crisis comes to an end, however, there's the promise of a new beginning... but not before one final bitter defeat...

Cast of Characters:

Intrepid-Class USS Discovery NCC-76240, Federation Starship

- Captain Josiah "Jed" Graves (human male)

- First Officer: Commander Valerie Archer (human female)

- Tactical: Lieutenant Commander Gabriel West (human male)

- Helm: Lieutenant Mitan (Bolian male)

- Operations: Ensign Jason Allenbach (human male)

- Engineering: Lieutenant Commander Sakal (Suliban male)

- Medical: Doctor Katherine Pulaski (human female)

Starbase 499, Federation Outpost in orbit of Sirrustra II

- Rear Admiral Leo "Boxer" Quarren (human male)

- Station Master Erica Mendoza (human female)

Starships assigned to Starbase 499 include the Oberth-Class USS Spearhead NCC-1224 and the Steamrunner-Class USS Steamrunner NX-52126

Character Notes:

- Captain Graves and Commander Archer share a deep, hidden love for one another. They have come close to admitting it over the past year.

- There is a longstanding personal dispute running between Lieutenant Commander Gabriel West and Lieutenant Mitan, dating back to Starfleet Academy.

Episode List:

4x01: "Unleashed, Part 2"

4x02: "Hijack"

4x03: "Mind Over Matter"

4x04: "The Fire"

4x05: "Politics"

4x06: "First Date"

4x07: "Isolation, Part 1"

4x08: "Isolation, Part 2"

4x09: "News"

4x10: "Inmate"

4x11: "My Q to Leave"

4x12: "Letters from Home"

4x13: "All Hands, Part 1"

Glenn   

SEASON FOUR

EPISODE ONE

“Unleashed, Part 2”

PROLOGUE

Last time on Star Trek: Discovery

Captain Josiah Graves and the crew of the USS Discovery NCC-76240 have survived a troubled year. Dogged by the persistent menace of a Ta’Heen spy, Graves has fought at every turn to find answers: why does this Ta’Heen attack? Who is behind him, ordering these attacks? What are they designed to accomplish?

Along the way, the Discovery crew have evolved. Lieutenant Commander Sakal has revealed his superhuman genetic abilities to his shocked friends, an echo of a long-past mistake in Suliban history. Lieutenant Mitan and Lieutenant Commander Gabriel West have clashed on numerous occasions over a long-standing rivalry that has roots in their shared Starfleet Academy experiences. Ensign Jason Allenbach, forced to mature thanks to the tragic loss of his boyfriend, continues to maintain his position. Commander Valerie Archer, First Officer to Captain Graves, is unaware at how close her Captain has come to revealing his true love for her, a love she shares… and a love endangered by the volatile temper and dark outbursts experienced by Graves himself.

The pacifist within Graves has been kept in check by nurturing a beautiful new alliance with the Shurvun. A friendly race of explorers, they promise to become an outstanding member of the Federation. Tano Jmara, Graves’ opposite number of the Shurvun exploratory vessel Vunara, has proven a valuable ally and a warm reminder of why the Discovery crew are in the Beta Quadrant after all.

But when an away team led by Rear Admiral Leo Quarren uncovers the truth behind the Ta’Heen attacks and the true nature of Tano Jmara is revealed, all hope of a peaceful resolution is shattered…

…and now the conclusion.

ACT ONE

“This waiting is killing me,” Valerie Archer admitted.

She sat, legs crossed, head slumped forward resting in her palm, in the First Officer’s seat just staring at the viewscreen. Upon it, the jungle planet below rotated blissfully through space as if mocking her impatience. It had been almost twenty minutes since the Rear Admiral had taken Captain Graves, Lieutenant Commander West and Ensign Allenbach down to the surface with the Ta’Heen. Surely that slimy good-for-nothing spy should have uncovered something by now? Surely there was something to report, an answer, an indication towards an answer… a hint, anything!

“Commander,” Mitan called out from the helm, his blue head rotating slightly to direct his words behind him. “I’m picking up a vessel on the other side of the planet. They’re just entering sensor range. Commander… it’s the Vunara!”

“Tano Jmara’s ship,” Valerie mused aloud. “Hail them, Lieutenant.”

“I’m getting an automated reply,” the Bolian helmsman read aloud. “It must be from the robotic crew. They’re saying Tano Jmara is unavailable, but they were in the sector conducting their mapping survey when they detected Discovery. Apparently, they’re offering assistance.”

“Good old Tano,” smiled the First Officer in ignorance.

Tano Jmara was indeed unavailable.

Clicking his silvery fingers, the Shurvun summoned a circle of ten deadly machines to stand around the traumatized Starfleet away team. The dank structure that played host to their impromptu meeting was suddenly alive with technology: the deathly-white skeletons of the robotic soldiers showed no emotion as they levelled their plasma rifles at their human prisoners. With a short jerk of his fingers, Tano silently ordered the four former friends of his to drop their phasers. They had no other choice. First Quarren, then Allenbach, then West and Graves together… all their sidearms clattered to the cold stone floor. They had been defeated by the element of surprise.

“Thank you, gentlemen,” Tano grinned wickedly.

“Anything to help,” growled Jed sarcastically.

“You son of a bitch, Tano,” Quarren picked up, finding his voice again after the gut-wrenching shock had worn away slightly. “You’ve been playing us, all along! You’ve been behind everything! This Ta’Heen works for you!”

“Quite right, Boxer,” the Shurvun chirped delightfully, his imbalance quite obvious and his previous friendly tones discarded. As he spoke, he moved into the circle of robots to stand alongside the proud-looking Ta’Heen. “This fellow has proven quite useful in my little tests. He works for a reasonable fee and kept you guessing for almost a year. I’m very proud with how it all turned out.”

Turning, Tano addressed the Ta’Heen spy directly.

“You’ve been most helpful.”

“Thank you, sir,” the Ta’Heen hissed.

“No… thank you.”

A bright flash of a muzzle discharge briefly blinded the chamber. As the combat-green figure of the Ta’Heen slumped to the ground, Tano holstered his small pistol and gave the corpse a slight raised eyebrow. The four humans recoiled, the stench of o-zone and twisted flesh almost overpowering.

Rear Admiral Quarren got over it first.

“Why, Tano?” he whispered, shaking his ageing head in dismay.

“Because assumption is the first step towards defeat,” Jmara replied. “I have been planning the invasion of the Federation ever since I saw the starship Discovery stand up against the incredible forces of the End space fleet. Two years ago, you destroyed an enemy we had struggled to weaken. You are far too powerful to remain unchallenged, and thus I plan to challenge you.”

“Who are you,” Jed asked from behind Quarren, “really?”

“I am Tano Jmara, leader of the Third Shurvun Empire, ruler of seven intergalactic civilisations and soon to be ruler of you. Each attack by my unfortunate Ta’Heen spy was designed to test different aspects of your tactical responses: a virus, to see how biological warfare would pan out, was the first step. Then I had Discovery cut off, to monitor how best to go about dividing your Federation. Wiping the database on Starbase 499 showed me how you coped with ignorance; perhaps a war of disinformation… but by far, the best and most ingenious part of my scheme was presenting myself as an ally.”

“It’s certainly done the most damage,” Quarren growled in defiance.

“Emotions make you weak,” Tano smirked. “Don’t be a sore loser, Boxer.”

“Your diplomatic staff,” Jason Allenbach suddenly blurted out, “back in the Sirrustra System… they’re not really there to sign Federation membership, are they?”

“At my command, they’ll turn guns on Starbase 499 and obliterate you,” the Shurvun leader boasted, his silver features morphing into yet another diabolical grin. “It will be the first step in the invasion of the Federation. You can’t possibly fight a war on two fronts, and I hear the Alpha Quadrant is rather tied up with the Dominion… leaving the Beta Quadrant nicely undefended. It’s back door diplomacy at the point of a gun, my friends… my gun. You will submit to our invasion forces. You will surrender without a single shot ever having been fired, for we know all about you and will use that knowledge to devastate and destroy you otherwise. You will accept our new position of ultimate authority.”

Rear Admiral Quarren had heard enough of this self-important rubbish.

“Over my dead body,” he objected through gritted teeth.

“If that is what it takes,” Tano simply said, “then so be it.”

Mercilessly, without remorse, Tano Jmara unleashed his plasma pistol and shot Leo Quarren squarely in the chest. The black material of his Starfleet tunic dissolved, along with several layers of flesh, leaving a smouldering wound that reeked of burning hair and melted skin. Acting entirely on instinct, his mind racing to catch up with the horror of seeing his best friend blasted, Captain Graves pitched forward and caught the falling shoulders of the Rear Admiral.

“You sick bastard,” the Englishman hissed.

“Take them to the cell,” Tano ordered to his robotic soldiers.

As he was carried away by his friends, Quarren tasted blood in his mouth.

ACT TWO

Gabriel West grimaced as he watched the cell door come crashing down.

Behind him, Captain Graves and Ensign Allenbach were tending to the serious wound dominating Rear Admiral Quarren’s heaving chest. The surroundings matched the style of the structure: worn, rough-hewn stone covered in bits of jungle, moss thriving in the damp and vines creating gigantic green webs. It was hardly the ideal place to treat a patient, and with absolutely nothing to hand, not even a tricorder, there was little the command and operations officer could do.

“Don’t die on me, Boxer,” Jed was saying.

“I’ll… I…” spluttered the older man from behind his grey beard. “God… this hurts…”

“I don’t think plasma pistols are supposed to tickle,” Jed managed a weak smile. “Gabe, what can you see out there?”

“Two of those robotic creeps are on guard,” the African-American tactical officer reported back after a quick glance through the tiny window in the cell door. “Tano seems to have left with the rest of them, don’t know where… this place is pretty dark.”

“I don’t think this shot is that bad,” Jason observed, mostly to reassure his fellow officers and not out of any practical experience. “All your major organs were missed and the plasma dispersed without hitting anything, but if we don’t get you back to Pulaski aboard Discovery soon, you’ll suffer extensive plasma infection.”

“And how do you propose we do that?” Gabe yelled in frustration.

Jed got to his feet, joining him at the cell door.

“Calm yourself, Mister West,” he stated in even tones. “Some of us came prepared…”

Suddenly there was a terrible cacophony from outside the cell. One of the Shurvun robots went down, the rifle it was carrying torn from its metal claws and turned around for devastating effect. The other robotic guard reacted quickly, but not quickly enough, seeing nothing visible to shoot at. Before long, it joined the scrap on the cold stone surface of the corridor.

The plasma rifle used to shoot them both hovered slightly.

It took Gabe a second to realise what had happened.

Then a Suliban male appeared, dressed in a Starfleet uniform, frowning deeply.

“Sakal…!”

“Reporting as ordered, sir,” the Discovery chief engineer hissed, dropping the plasma rifle as he worked on the cell locking mechanism. Within seconds he’d defeated it, causing the cell door to slide upward into the shadows and reuniting him with his shipmates. “It took a great deal of resolve to remain invisible when that fool Tano shot Rear Admiral Quarren… is he alright?”

“Not for long,” Jed shook his head. “Signal Valerie for an emergency transport.”

“Sakal to Discovery,” the Suliban barked, tapping the only remaining commbadge in the room, “five to beam directly to sickbay!”

“Acknowledged, Sakal,” came the reassuring tone of Commander Archer. “Stand by.”

Captain Graves, sans commbadge, was a sight for sore eyes.

One of his hands was smeared with blood. Sweat glowed on his brow.

“Jed,” gasped Valerie, “what happened down there?”

Jed wasn’t listening. The first thing he’d seen when entering the bridge was the image on the main viewscreen: there, hanging before his ship, was the glistening chrome shape of the Shurvun exploratory vessel Vunara. Before today, he’d been impressed by her beauty and excited at her appearance. Now it fuelled his empty stomach and pumped his heart twice as fast… it filled him with rage.

“Quarren’s in sickbay with Pulaski,” the Englishman finally answered. From the turbolift behind him, the three other members of the away team emerged and took their stations. Sakal instantly began hammering his LCARS display, working on the pre-arranged plan discussed on the way up. Jed turned to Valerie, giving her a look of ice that rammed home the seriousness of his words. “Tano shot him.”

“Tano Jmara?”

“He’s the enemy, Valerie. He’s behind the Ta’Heen… or, at least, was.”

“But… but…” the Commander stammered, “I’m about to speak to him…!”

“It’s alright,” Jed reassured her. “I’ll take it from here.”

When Tano Jmara’s face appeared on the viewscreen, it took a second for the false expression of kindness and honesty to crack. The eyes that first locked with Valerie Archer quickly shifted, noticing Josiah Graves standing there… on his bridge! How was this possible? He was in a cell on the planet below! Slowly, Tano’s silver cheeks began to vibrate. Incredulous fury consumed him.

“I know what you’re thinking,” the Captain began. “Still, I can’t blame you. I mean, you can’t be expected to look for somebody you can’t see…”

“What?!” screamed Tano.

“My chief engineer… oh, didn’t you know? Didn’t test him, eh?”

“You… well, it hardly matters. Your ship will be destroyed. I tested it with you in command, and therefore I know your command style. You will be a simple conquest, a nice starter for my robotic forces to practice on.”

Jed held up his hand as if back in school, gaining his moment to speak.

“I have to say, you were very clever… planning all those tests. You’re right, of course, when you say that assumption is the failing of most armed conflicts. The thing is, though, that Starfleet never assumes anything either. If being out here, in this corner of space, has taught us anything… it’s to be prepared for the worst, Tano. When Starbase 499 suffered that database wipe, you made a critical error by visiting as our ally. You kicked into gear an element of doubt, played a part in a coincidence… and I don’t like coincidence. To that end, I’m afraid to inform you that in your scramble to avoid assumption, you’ve managed to underestimate us.”

“What do you mean?”

“Let me show you… Sakal, fire at will!”

Outside, the relentless night of space was interrupted. The deflector dish on the ventral hull of the USS Discovery flared to life, cutting through the vacuum towards the Vunara with a single arc of crackling energy. Tiny sparks reeled and scattered as the energy struck the Shurvun shields, instantly collapsing them inward and opening up a clear line of attack. The single arc then broke, turning to smaller arcs that danced along the chrome hull plating of the Vunara. They seemed to play like excited children, bouncing off one another and running the full five-hundred meter length of the vessel. By the time they’d finally dispersed, Tano Jmara knew what had happened.

It was the oldest trick in the book.

An electro-magnetic pulse blast had disabled every piece of technology on his ship.

That included, of course, the entire robotic crew.

The viewscreen on the Discovery bridge started to flicker. With a nod from Jed, Sakal stabilised the connection to compensate for the severe power failure on Tano’s end. Soon the image returned to normal, and the Captain could continue.

“I asked my chief engineer to quietly design a weapon capable to defeating a robotic crew,” the Englishman explained briefly, “after I started to suffer from some good old-fashioned paranoia. Looks like I was justified in my decision.”

“Curse you, Graves!” Tano howled in defeat.

“Don’t curse me yet, you traitor,” Jed went on. “Leo Quarren is in my sickbay in critical condition thanks to you. You’ll drift here while we return to the Sirrustra System and knock out your invasion force. When we’re done, I’ll come back for you… and your fate depends on whether Leo lives or dies.”

Tano Jmara believed him.

Everybody did.

Glenn   

ACT THREE

“Captain’s Log, Stardate: 51425.8

The EMP weapon designed by Lieutenant Commander Sakal has worked: upon returning to Starbase 499 and Sirrustra II, the battle with the Shurvun vessels lasted only minutes. While Steamrunner and Spearhead tow the crippled hulks out of orbit, I have beamed across to the 499 medical level with Doctor Pulaski and Rear Admiral Quarren to make use of the more extensive facilities. So help me, if Boxer doesn’t pull through from Tano Jmara’s cowardly attack…”

It was hard to escape his loathing of sickbays when the sickbay was an entire deck.

Shifting uncomfortably in his seat, Josiah Graves struggled with an image that kept looping over and over in his mind. It was that of the Shurvun exploratory vessel Vunara, in all her technological glory and interstellar might, being destroyed. Using the striking visual of the EMP weapon as a starting point, Jed had begun replacing the blue energy arcs with plumes of flame and smoke, the sparks now chunks of debris… culminating in a gigantic explosion plucked from the stock footage of his memory. He hadn’t been bluffing when he threatened Tano before: if Leo didn’t pull through, didn’t survive the plasma bolt to the chest…

A door swished open somewhere nearby. Footsteps approached.

“I thought you could use some company.”

Jed looked up to see the dark, compassionate eyes of Station Master Erica Mendoza.

“It’s okay,” he replied with a weak smile. “You’re allowed to worry about him rather than about me. We should be due some news any minute now, actually.”

“Oh, good,” Erica breathed a sigh, taking the seat beside the Captain.

There was a silence between them. It was no secret; the potential between these two officers… things just simply hadn’t worked out. Erica used to pine away, stuck on the space station while Jed dashed about the unknown, but it happened less and less over the past stressful year. As a woman, the Station Master had also recognised the feelings within Valerie Archer even if Josiah Graves hadn’t. Deciding to rather avoid complication than cause it, she’d simply stepped her emotions aside and let them burn out, concentrating on her work as an escape, strengthening her friendships to compensate for the loss.

Friendships like the one she shared with Leo Quarren.

When Katherine Pulaski emerged from the main operating theatre, they both stood.

“Is it over, Doctor?” Erica asked.

“Has he made it?” Jed added.

“I’m not sure of the answer to either of those questions,” Pulaski sighed, her own friendship with the Rear Admiral at stake too. “After the transfer from Discovery to here I started an operation to cleanse the wound of plasma infection and found extensive plasma burns punching a hole through his internal organs. None of them were irreparably damaged, but some of the plasma managed to strike his spinal chord.”

“Endgame, Doctor,” Jed pressed. “What does it mean? How is he?”

“He’s in a coma. Plasma energy shot up his spine and into his cerebral cortex. I’m amazed he managed to stay conscious for the hours that he already had. There are several experimental regenerative treatments I can try, but…”

There was a pause. Seconds felt like hours.

“…people in his condition go one of two ways,” Pulaski concluded, crestfallen in her inability to act. “Either the damage naturally repairs itself over a period of time, weeks or months… or years… or they stay in their comatose state indefinitely.”

Erica Mendoza broke down. Tears stained her cheeks.

Jed simply stared a hollow, empty stare into middle-distance.

What happened now?

“We’re approaching the fifth planet, Captain.”

He braced himself against the arms of his command chair. This would be the moment, the deciding moment on the uncertainty surrounding his mental state. Was Josiah Graves a killer? Would he give the order to have Tano Jmara and the Vunara destroyed? Could he even do such a thing? With Rear Admiral Quarren in a coma, he was technically the ranking officer in the sector… he could do whatever he wanted. What if Tano put up a fight? What if he resisted? Would that then allow for the order, the point of no return where Captain would instruct tactical officer to lock phasers and open fire? Feeling his head cloud with a mess of confusion, Jed screwed his eyes shut and tried to get a clear line of sight.

Beside him, Valerie noticed. She gently placed her hand on his.

“Stupid question,” she whispered, “but…?”

“Yes,” Jed answered all too quickly. “I mean, not really, but yeah… I’m not sure.”

“Just remember something,” Valerie stated calmly. “Leo Quarren is still alive, and I think you and I both know what he’d do in this situation. Think carefully, Captain. Think real careful before you start to issue orders.”

The Englishman turned his head to the right, losing himself in Valerie’s gaze.

“A man is only the sum of his friends,” he replied.

“Not this man,” she disagreed. “This man is far better.”

Suddenly the tender moment shared between Captain and First Officer was shattered when an alert signal blurted out from Jason Allenbach’s operations console. Instantly another alert sounded at tactical, much to the confusion of Gabriel West. Leaping to stand, Jed asked the obvious with a mere look. The answer he got was the last thing he was expecting to hear.

“The Vunara,” Jason reported. “She’s gone, sir.”

“No ion trails, no residual warp signatures,” Sakal added from the engineering console.

“Nothing,” Gabe finalised, “simply nothing.”

Jed resumed his seat and ordered a return to Starbase 499.

Tano Jmara had escaped.

In doing so, he’d saved the young Captain from the decision he’d been dreading. He’d also etched a permanent question mark over the future exploratory voyages of the starship Discovery… and over the future of the Beta Quadrant itself…

EPILOGUE

“Hey there, Boxer.”

The lights were low. It was insanely late, but with no other patients and no objections from the comatose Leo Quarren, visiting hours were flexible aboard Starbase 499. Still, for some reason, Josiah Graves was keeping quiet. As he slid a chair over to the side of the biobed, he winced as it made a slight scraping noise. Maybe it was simply the atmosphere of the ward, or the feeling he’d snuck down here after hours against some kind of unspoken rule.

“He wasn’t there,” Jed whispered to the motionless features of the Rear Admiral. “I went back to get him and he wasn’t there. It’s probably a good thing. For what he’s done to you, old friend, damn… was I going to make him pay.”

No change. Just the faint, even tempo of the heart monitor replied.

“You’re going to get through this,” Jed went on. “We’ve got a blank slate ahead of us now. The Ta’Heen is dead and Tano Jmara is probably hiding behind a rock someplace, licking his wounds… it’s over now, Boxer. We can get back to doing what we came here to do. We can explore, we can meet new people, we can be Starfleet again. You’re going to get through this, Boxer, because you won’t want to miss it.”

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

“I’ll drop in from time to time, I promise. I’ll keep you updated on the news, let you know of any exciting developments… I’ll even bring a deck of cards and some chips, even though I think my victory will be a sure thing! Well, not if I drag Doctor Pulaski over for the odd hand, it won’t.”

Somewhere, probably in one of the nurses’ offices, the computer automatically chimed the time as oh-two-hundred. It echoed around the ward, snapping Jed out of his one-sided conversation. Oh-two-hundred… crikey, really? Slowly and carefully, trying not to make a sound, he stood to leave. Maybe that was it: maybe, to avoid the anguish of seeing his best friend in a coma, Jed was simply telling himself that Quarren was asleep. On that reflective note, he turned to say goodbye.

There were no tears. There didn’t need to be.

He was going to make it. He was Rear Admiral Leo Quarren.

“Come back soon, mate.”

Written By Glenn Scully

Next time on Star Trek: Discovery...

- Season Four

Despite the silence of Rear Admiral Quarren, the Starfleet presence in the Sirrustra System has no intention of cowering in the shadows. Exploration begins anew, Captain Graves and his intrepid crew boldly going into the unknown regions of the Beta Quadrant in the name of the United Federation of Planets. Along the way, new adventures emerge: a vessel is hijacked; an officer resigns; a new lifeform is discovered; an old friend helped in his hour of need; a love will unite; a limb will be lost... things will never be the same. Nevertheless, spirits will remain strong and objectives clear. New worlds, new civilisations... Season Four, coming soon!

*FAINTS*!!!!

OMG OMG OMG now this episode is the slashiest one you've ever written. The epilogue had me go like "KISS HIM ALREADY AND TRY TO WAKE HIM UP!!!!" Graves is totally devastated that his beloved Leo is in a coma... OMG OMG OMG I'm grinning like an idiot... they are SO slashy!!!! *hyper!fangirl mode*

I also loved what happened, of course. I loved how Sakal rescued them all! But my all-time favorite Discovery scene from now on will be that epilogue with Quarren in that coma and Graves talking to him, pretending that he's "simply asleep". Oh my. It is soooooooooooo heartbreakingly slashy!!! Poor Graves!!!

*is still grinning like an idiot* Ooooh. So slashy. :inlove: Oh my. I love angsty/romance/hurt/comfort slash... ooooh...

Terilynn   

WHEW!

I have to admit CA - I was surprised by Sakal - it was a real Han Solo moment :) Loved it and I am SO glad you decided to post it! Thanks!

Tone720   
that epilogue with Quarren in that coma and Graves talking to him, pretending that he's "simply asleep". Oh my. It is soooooooooooo heartbreakingly slashy!!! Poor Graves!!!

*is still grinning like an idiot* Ooooh. So slashy. :inlove: Oh my. I love angsty/romance/hurt/comfort slash... ooooh...

I think your influence is beginning to rub off as I was thinking the same.... :P

Fave scene, had to be Sakal's jailbreak and EMP attack... :thumbup:

Shocker when Boxer was shot though

trekfan   

That was great. Sakal with the save, Boxer taking the hit and Jed getting angry...and you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

GOD! I can't imagine Boxer going down...I hope he pulls through.

Great ep, and look forward to season 4!

Glenn   

Thanks everybody, sorry for the delay in the reply... my head was in James Bond (not literally) for a while...

Mrs.P, I expected nothing less! Of course, this is just two best friends suffering a tragedy, but if you ship 'em, who am I to argue? Nah, seriously, they'll be a few more of these scenes throughout the season. The reason behind Quarren's coma is simple: I was going to kill him outright. Tano Jmara was going to have killed Quarren and, in the original draft story, Jed returns to the moon and destroys the Vunara and all aboard. Two things stopped me: one, I don't think I could have made Jed a murderer; two, I couldn't bring myself to kill Quarren... yet. I still don't know whether to have him survive or not. Now that Tano Jmara has escaped the question mark over Jed is gone, meaning half my reasoning for keeping him alive is gone too... like I say, I don't know. Watch this space.

Seems Sakal became a favourite with this episode... indeed, I didn't want to make his genetic abilities a big deal. Every episode could have become "we're facing a problem, let's get Sakal in there to sort it out" but I really didn't want it to become a superhero show. Every now and then it's fun, though, and this was one of those moments. Glad you all enjoyed it, much appreciated feedback! Now I know it's a strength to deploy later!

You're all very, very kind to continue reading this. Fingers crossed Season Four doesn't take too much longer. Thank you again!

Terilynn   
my head was in James Bond (not literally)

I haven't stopped laughing for 15 minutes...

Benedict   

At least you've got Bond and Discovery flowing well enough. I'm getting behind on all fronts. Wiping my laptop and starting afresh has knocked my schedule. Sure whatever comes of your endeavours will pay off well.

Glenn   
At least you've got Bond and Discovery flowing well enough. I'm getting behind on all fronts. Wiping my laptop and starting afresh has knocked my schedule. Sure whatever comes of your endeavours will pay off well.

Whoa, hold on... you've wiped your laptop?! Did you manage to save everything?! :shock:

Terilynn, happy to help. :thumbsup2:

Benedict   

Oh yes, I managed to wipe it but keep the files. But it's knocked me for six...I'm lagging in my writing and it's a real pain in the photons.

:)

Glenn   
Oh yes, I managed to wipe it but keep the files. But it's knocked me for six...I'm lagging in my writing and it's a real pain in the photons.

:)

Glad you kept everything... if there's anything you find is missing, let me know and I'll see if I can replace it for you!

Just take it easy and best of luck! :thumbsup2:

Terilynn   

RAVEN!!! I'm sooo sorry!

*runs in*

Nooooooooooooo don't kill Quarren!!! Nooooooo! *cries* My favorite pairing will be gone! Who am I supposed to ship then?

Graves and Sakal?

Hmm... come to think of it... with Sakal's abilities... :devil: But Sakal's attitude might stand in the way... but still, the idea intrigues me somehow... hmm...

:drool::drool: :drool: !

:laugh:

It's your decision, of course, your story... but I'd be very sad if you killed Quarren... but then, this might also bring up one hell of a lot of slashy moments when Graves is all heartbroken about it... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Glenn   

Mrs.P, we'll have to wait and see... like I said, even I don't know!

By the end of Season Four, in a few weeks, I might... :thumbsup2:

Mrs.P, we'll have to wait and see... like I said, even I don't know!

By the end of Season Four, in a few weeks, I might... :thumbsup2:

*bites fingernails*

But hey, I have at least found another slash pairing to ship, just in case... LOL... not that I don't enjoy your stories without shipping anyone, of course, but it's sooo much fun! :laugh: I can't wait to read season 4!!!!

Tone720   
*runs in*

Nooooooooooooo don't kill Quarren!!! Nooooooo! *cries* My favorite pairing will be gone! Who am I supposed to ship then?

Graves and Sakal?

Hmm... come to think of it... with Sakal's abilities... :devil: But Sakal's attitude might stand in the way... but still, the idea intrigues me somehow... hmm...

Yeah Sakal ain't exactly a fan of same-sex pairings, is he? :P How about Jed/Jason?

Yeah Sakal ain't exactly a fan of same-sex pairings, is he? :P How about Jed/Jason?

I dunno... they never really struck me as a potential slash pairing (it's a nice idea, though!). It's not that one can simply throw two men together and say hey I ship it just because they're men. :laugh: It doesn't work that way. Graves/Allenbach is like Picard/LaForge. It doesn't really "give" me anything. :laugh:

There has to be some sort of connection or tension... and with Graves and Sakal there is DEFINITELY tension. :angel_not: But not as much as there is between Quarren and Graves, of course... oh and then there is my older man/younger man fetish, that's another factor I have to take into consideration here... although, come to think of it... how old is Jason Allenbach again...? :angel_not::laugh:

Glenn   

No for a few reasons that'll become clear in Season Four and Season Five...! :biggrin:

No for a few reasons that'll become clear in Season Four and Season Five...! :biggrin:

:shock: Sam will be back??? :shock: Or will Jason find another guy...?

I can't wait! And don't worry. I won't ship Graves/Allenbach. But you can be rest assured, I will inform you about any other potential ships immediately. :laugh:

Terilynn   

He's killing them too.

Sign in to follow this