Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

In Theory

Episode name: "In Theory"

Season: 4

Director: Patrick Stewart

In his latest attempt to understand humanity, Data starts dating a fellow officer, Jenna D'Sora. In the meantime, a nebula the Enterprise is passing through is causing strange things to happen on the ship. (Memory Alpha)

Hmm.

I like the sub plot of this episode far more than the main one, actually. And besides, I don't like that Jenna chick very much... she's so incredibly whiny all the time. The only thing that I do like about her is that she's a messy person. Her quarters look exactly like mine would if I were on that ship. (Okay, okay, mine would look worse.)

Anyway... as I said, the sub plot is far more interesting. I love it when Jean-Luc tells Worf that

"Perhaps we have a poltergeist."

Worf: "Sir?"

Jean-Luc: "A mischievous spirit."

Worf: "Sir. -.-"

Jean-Luc: "Perhaps not."

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Aww. No one likes Jean-Luc's poltergeist idea! Poor guy!

I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! Have I mentioned that I love it? I love it!

This episode is so great, both the main and sub-plots are great. Jean-Luc's poltergeist theory...aw, how cute. Nobody believed him, though. :laugh: Data flirting, I mean...that's pure gold! Oh, and, "You're not my mother!" "What?" "I said you are not my mother." :clap:

I love this episode, a nice Data character development episode. I think the writers of Voyager should have taken note of this when they were trying to develop Seven Of Nine's so-called 'character'

I think the writers of Voyager should have taken note of this when they were trying to develop Seven Of Nine's so-called 'character'

So-called 'character,' indeed, my friend. More like lack of character. ;)

And here Terilynn jumps in to ruin the party.

Sorry guys. Jenna Sucked. She was yet another failed attempt at someone writing a female character. OMG she makes me want to puke blood.

Sorry guys. Jenna Sucked. She was yet another failed attempt at someone writing a female character. OMG she makes me want to puke blood.

That's okay. I never said I liked her in the first place. :P However, that doesn't mean that Data wasn't a screaming riot. :thumbsup2:

Agreed 100%.

Jenna = FAIL. Whiny, stereotypical ("OMG I aaaalways fall for the wrong men, the ones who have no real feelings, hey, that's why I like Data so much, he's sooo different... oh, wait...") and whatnot.

Data is kinda cute when he tries to handle a relationship, but really, Jenna gets on my nerves. Couldn't they have picked someone else for him? Someone less whiny? Someone who's not all "ZOMG you're sooo cuuuuuuute Data!" whenever he opens his mouth? (I know, many women think he is cute, but really, that doesn't mean that Jenna has to tell him that all the time.)

*sigh* ;)

I wasn't keen on this one, I didn't like Data and dating. I agree with you Mrs P., Jenna was far too whiny for my liking.

I liked this episode, especially Data and his lover's quarrel :P As for the B story, I loved the phased out dead body bit. It's worth 6 out of 10.

I really want to praise the chilling final moments of this episode.  Never has Star Trek given me such a David Lynch-ian vibe as when Data simply erases the relationship from his mind.

Powerful stuff, reminiscent of a Phillip K. Dick book.

Sign in to follow this