Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Stewie Griffin

Star Trek XI Toys Updated 2-11

39 posts in this topic

*facepalm* The ship and the phaser look so cheap. I mean, granted, they're toys...but good lord, Playmates Inc. used to take much more pride in their toy lines! *cough* TNG *cough*

Cheap, nasty merchandise... that phaser looks disgusting.

Wow, the Enterprise arrowhead looks ugleh. The phaser looks like a cross-section too lol.

Playmates have always been about "playability" over looks.

Which was fine in the 1990s, when toys where toys.

Now, when we have computer-scanning of people in order to make realistic looking figures, this stuff is just sloppy.

I will probably buy the Spock and nothing else.

the ship looks promising I think, but after the Corgi and Art Asylum ships, I've learned to reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh. Whom said spocklar: hehehehe

Yeah, I made that word up a while ago and people seem to like it. *shrugs* lol

Why did they chrome the phaser. Why would anyone take a chrome weapon with them, they'd stand out a mile in any combat situation.. I'll still buy it though. :laugh:

The Phaser and Tricorder look like something I can get at the dollar tree. The Ship looks sweet though.

I really like the new toys. The ship looks awesome and I'm excited for seeing it on May 8th. My only disappointment is that Playmates didn't have a Star Trek '09 booth at the American International Toy Fair.

I'm sorry to bump this thread but I just wanted to say I remain fond of these toys and I'm still bummed the second series never saw retail. I'm always a few days and dollars away from customizing a proper McCoy and Chekov - but it'd sure be nice to have a few Klingons or something else in the 3.75" scale to go with Nero. (I'm aware of the previous 3.75" lines but they're all crew-focused. May collect them yet, but)

3 hours ago, JVM said:

I'm sorry to bump this thread 

No apologies; you're free to add to any topic in our archives that you wish, so long as it's not locked. :)

As Ayelborne might say, "Our village is yours..." :P

Errand_of_Mercy_051.JPG

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0