Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Stewie Griffin

Star Trek XI Toys Updated 2-11

39 posts in this topic

Hey all head on over to the link below to see the toys for the new movie: Bridge and Transporter playset, figures, Enterprise and Communicator.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/200...trek-toys_N.htm

Link to High Res pics:

http://trekmovie.com/2009/01/23/details-an...rek-movie-toys/

Link to Packaging pics:

http://trekmovie.com/2009/02/10/first-look...ing-from-japan/

*Jumps up and down*

I want that bridge! :laugh: It doesn't look so bad. The Enterprise looks a bit squashed and deformed in that pic though. Think I'll wait till an actual kit version comes out - that could be (relatively) easily modified if I didn't like the look of it.

I have to say that seeing the full bridge now, I like it more then I did before. I also really like the new transporter, in the way it sort puts everyone in their own chamber. Interestingly enough, it looks like the transporter console has the classic sliders. I'm liking the Enterprise more from that angle. As I had thought before, seeing from a new angle makes it look a bi better then it did from the first promo pic. And once I see her in action, I don't think I'll have as many problems with the ship.

Cool toys overall.

oh my god, I want! I want! :laugh: I'm so getting those if I have the money when they come out!

God, that Enterprise still looks weird... and the phaser is downright ugly... but I'm impressed with the bridge. It doesn't look half bad.

Those are great toys...I like the design of the new bridge better than the original

To be honest the phaser and tricorder look almost exactly the same as the originals. Although they've got rid of the 1" CRT display and replaced it with something a little more high-tech :P

Not sure I like that side-on view of the Enterprise... if I do get any form of replica it's gotta be modified :laugh:

The phaser, ship and bridge are just fugly. Besides, there's no need for me to get any of those. I still have all my old TNG playsets and props. :happy:

I won't be getting any.

*Grumbles that they never made any good Nemesis toys*

I won't be getting any.

*Grumbles that they never made any good Nemesis toys*

They made Jean-Luc, Data the Viceroy. Aaaaaand...that was it.

I know. They could have at least made the Valdore and a few Romulans... *coughDonatracough*

There's a Valdore here... Obviously not "official" merchandise but you asked :P. It's a bit expensive though...

For me anyways lol, otherwise I'd probably have got one.

I have seen that one before up on ebay a few times, but I want a nice model, not a model kit. I would probably end up making it look bad. I used to do model kits all the time when I was younger, but I never painted them nor did I use the decals.

They need to do a new ST line of toys or something... like from TOS up. Could have a Klingon line, Romulan line, Vulcan line etc... all the important people and figures. *giggles about a talking Vreenak figure* OMG! Now that I've thought about it... LOL I want one!

*giggles about a talking Vreenak figure* OMG! Now that I've thought about it... LOL I want one!

What would he say other than "It's a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!"? :laugh:

I like the bridge and transporter much better now.

Though the Enterprise toy looks really squished. That pic is not flattering, and for a second I thought I was looking at the refit. It looks a lot like the refit from the top.

At least the toys aren't too bad.

Pretty cool toys actually. I agree the Enterprise looks a little off but i like the rest. I especially like seeing the Federation symbol on the communicator. As oppose to chris pine's face on the communicator... which is awful. Good times. I work in a model shop so if i catch anything on any kits being released, i'll post the news asap.

Still don't like the ship, and that bridge... while I like that, I see lots of transparent displays... I can see someone going through those in the movie somehow. The Communicator looks less like an Ipod now too :).

Well, that's certainly an unflattering view of the ship... but the toys look great.

Anybody else notice the amazing chair in the transporter room?

Does anyone else think that there are possibly 2 Enterprises in the movie? If you look at the picture on USA Today' site, the engines and hull don't have the familiar red pin stripes, but the picture on the Wizard site do. Also same with the Communicator.

I'm so going to get the model of the enterprise and put it next to my Enterprise E model.

We were noticing some of the differences between the models over at SCN, and figured that the pic from Wizard is probably of an early concept prototype, while the one from USAtoday is the actual production model. This apparently happens often with toys, in that the final version differs in some minor details from the original concept.

Again; I want, I want, and I want :laugh:

The two that I will get regardless if I end up liking the movie or not are Spocklar and the Enterprise.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0