Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voyager

The Seventh

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie   201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

The Seventh

ENT Season 2, Episode 7

WRITTEN BY

Rick Berman & Brannon Braga

DIRECTED BY

David Livingston

First Aired Nov 6, 2002

Mission Date Unknown

T'Pol brings Archer with her on a top-secret mission when she is dispatched by the Vulcan High Command to capture a fugitive that has eluded their authorities for nearly two decades.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked to see how T'Pol was being manipulated and I liked the flash backs - but the floor is covered in acid. The first time T'Pol covers her boots, but after that, everyone's running about on it like nobody's business :confused:

I still give it a 9 because I really enjoyed it, and I liked the T'Pol/Archer thing going on. It was there, but subtle, unlike 'A Night in Sickbay' which I found annoying.

"The Seventh" (ENT) is a great example of the dramatic character piece Star Trek: Enterprise was trying to be.

Another nine from me. Yeah, the acid thing got me too. :biggrin:

The acid thing was annoying, but other than that it was a decent enough episode. I love how manipulative these Vulcans turn out to be, and they don't just mess around with humans, but with their own too.

I think I marked this too highly before. I'm going to give it a seven now. I don't know what T'Pol's problem was. She didn't want to shoot him because she didn't want to kill him after killing the other Vulcan 17 years ago. But by shooting she only stunned him, so I don't know what all the fuss was about.

It was a little strange her worrying about killing him when she could just stun him. I guess part of it was more her concern that she was being manipulated and that her memories were interfering. Yet again, this episode shows Vulcans are more complex than we ever think. A bad guy Vulcan has to be a scary thing actually.

What I really liked about this episode was the building connection between T'Pol and Archer. Not so much any romantic notions but rather the fact their friendship is beginning to grow into a real one and one increasingly founded on trust. Her line at the end about trust being very fitting and Archer willing to trust her in return.

I think as Glenn says, it shows how the series can do great character pieces. Though obviously not all characters get the same attention. :(

I would give it a 7.

It was a little strange her worrying about killing him when she could just stun him. I guess part of it was more her concern that she was being manipulated and that her memories were interfering. Yet again, this episode shows Vulcans are more complex than we ever think. A bad guy Vulcan has to be a scary thing actually.

The thing is, I didn't find him all that scary. I think it would have been better if he were a bit darker. Then again, if he was darker it would be difficult to fool the audience (and characters) into thinking that he was innocent.

I agree the character wasn't very scary or bad guy. But I do think an out and out bad guy Vulcan would be a great foe. Smart and coldly logical and smart again. Like you say, the plot dictated making him out to be so having to walk a line but I think a baddie Vulcan would be an awesome character. Hmmm ...

The good:

- Travis gets to be on an away mission and gets something to do. Yay!

- Archer and his water polo ball and how he throws it against the wall.

- THAT VULCAN CAPTAIN AND TUCKER IMPERSONATING ARCHER LMFAO. "You seem very young for a starship captain."

The bad:

- Basically the rest. I almost fell asleep. I barely even took any notes because I just didn't want to bother. This is one of those episodes that just fail to interest me.

The favorite quote of the moment award:

- goes to Archer for his "Couldn't agree more" reply when that huge alien dude screams at him. LMFAO JON BB WHY ARE YOU SO ADORABLE

This one gets a 2/10. For the lulzy sub plot with Tucker.

This one is such a wasted opportunity; I'm a huge fan of Bruce Davison ("Lathe of Heaven", "Willard", "Longtime Companion") but sadly, he is utterly wasted in this guest role as the 'rogue Vulcan' Menos. This episode had little of interest for me really; even as an admitted Vulcan-phile. I would've loved to have seen Davison in full Vulcan makeup (instead of the split forehead prosthetic), but I'm sure the actor balked at putting on 'the pointy ears.'

I give it a 4 and that's just because Bruce Davison is a fine actor and I enjoy his scenes with Jolene Blalock (a wildly underestimated actress).

I skipped this one in my recent marathon, as I remember it being laaaame. You guys aren't helping to change my mind. :laugh:

I skipped this one in my recent marathon, as I remember it being laaaame. You guys aren't helping to change my mind. :laugh:

Hey, anything we can do to help... :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0