Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

favourite Character moments/scenes

Voyager   

What are your favourite moments or scenes for the DS9 characters. If you can't think of a specific moment, you can just pick an episode

I'm not familiar enough with DS9 at the moment to say anything about this, but I'd be interested to see what other people think.

Mishi   

I have too many favorite scenes and character moments for DS9! I love DS9 so much.

The one that comes to mind right now is a Brunt one :laugh: I love the scene where Brunt tells Quark (after placing the winning bid on Quark's remains) that he still wants the "merchandise" so he can desecrate the remains. I was laughing so hard at that part. Brunt is such a hilarious jerk, I love that character.

Cheile   

my favorite all time Odo/Kira moment (that doesnt involve kissing ;)):

the final scene of "Chimera" from beginning to end. their conversation when he returns, Odo showing her his true form, her reactions to it--a wealth of emotions in her facial expressions. their dance is something mystical, sensual and beautiful all at once and i will never get tired of watching it.

Julian and Miles sharing a drink (a number of them IIRC) in Julian's quarters. The dialogue there just kills me.

Miles: Maybe she loves you.

Julian: Nah. I don't think so.

Miles: Why not? She loves you that's why she ignores you. ... Or... (laughs maniacally) She ignores you because she can't stand you.

Julian: Isn't there some explanation in-between?

Miles: You're not an in-between kind of guy. People either love you or they really hate you. Like me, for instance. When we first met, I really hated you. And now...

Julian (hopefully): And now?

Miles: And now I don't.

Julian: Well, that's good to know, Chief.

Miles: And -- it's from the heart. I really do. -- Not hate you anymore.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mishi   
my favorite all time Odo/Kira moment (that doesnt involve kissing ;)):

the final scene of "Chimera" from beginning to end. their conversation when he returns, Odo showing her his true form, her reactions to it--a wealth of emotions in her facial expressions. their dance is something mystical, sensual and beautiful all at once and i will never get tired of watching it.

I loved that scene. That is probably my favorite Odo/Kira scene too.

lol, I remember watching that scene, it's really funny. Miles has a point about Julian actually.

LOL. He might, but if he does, I'm definitely with the first crowd. Julian rocks. :biggrin:

Mishi   

Here's a favorite Weyoun scene of mine (I pretty much love ALL scenes with him in it, so I can't pick a one favorite out of the bunch)

WEYOUN:

If you ask me, the key to holding the Federation is Earth. If there's going to be an organized resistance against us... its birthplace will be there.

DUKAT:

You could be right.

WEYOUN:

Then our first step will be to eradicate its population. It's the only way.

DUKAT:

You can't do thaaaAAAaaat!

WEYOUN (innocent face)

Why not?

DUKAT:

Because a true victory is to make your enemy see that they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness.

WEYOUN (innocent face again)

Then you kill them?

Cheile   

^ Weyoun did crack me up a lot!! and you could just see the times when Dukat wanted to do the facepalm move, the look in his eyes saying "he just doesn't get it, does he?" :giggle:

best non-Odo/Kira moment of "His Way":

[when Julian invites everyone back to Vic's for the next night]

Kira: count me out, i'm leaving for Bajor in the morning.

Jadzia: oh that's right! i forgot. say hi to Shakaar for me.

Kira: :gives Jadzia a mild version of The Kira Stare:

Jadzia: :in an "oops!" tone: oh, sorry. forget you heard that. she doesn't want anyone to know she's visiting the First Minister.

Julian: :sly look: business or pleasure?

Kira: :exasperated stare at Jadzia: see what you started? :walks away:

Jadzia: i SAID i was sorry! :follows Kira:

Worf: :eyeroll, follows Jadzia:

i laugh so hard every time at that. :laugh:

Mishi   

^ lol, that scene made me laugh too.

Best Vic scene:

When he gets shot in the mirror universe. Sorry, but he was annoying. He sang WAY too much. :laugh:

Another good Weyoun scene:

Damar: I knew there was something wrong with him from the moment we met. He lacked your appetite for cruelty. (talking about Weyoun 6)

Weyoun 7: He's a disgrace to me and all Vorta.

Cheile   
Best Vic scene:

When he gets shot in the mirror universe. Sorry, but he was annoying. He sang WAY too much. :laugh:

LOL he was supposed to sing!! ;)

one of my fave moments in Badda-Bing Badda-Bang is that awesome shot of the crew dressed up and ready to play hardball with Frankie, waltzing down the Promenade like the Magnificent Seven, haha. love it love it love it!!

one of my fave moments in Badda-Bing Badda-Bang is that awesome shot of the crew dressed up and ready to play hardball with Frankie, waltzing down the Promenade like the Magnificent Seven, haha. love it love it love it!!

:thumbup:

Saw it again recently! Great shot! :thumbsup2:

WEYOUN:

If you ask me, the key to holding the Federation is Earth. If there's going to be an organized resistance against us... its birthplace will be there.

DUKAT:

You could be right.

WEYOUN:

Then our first step will be to eradicate its population. It's the only way.

DUKAT:

You can't do thaaaAAAaaat!

WEYOUN (innocent face)

Why not?

DUKAT:

Because a true victory is to make your enemy see that they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness.

WEYOUN (innocent face again)

Then you kill them?

----------------------------------

I just love Weyoun, even when he's planning to wipe out my homeworld he's cute!

Tachyon   

I like Garak, Quark, and Jadzia the most, I guess, so...

Quark arriving on Ops and complaining about the voles to O'Brien. So funny!

Garak meeting Bashir for the first time, for instance.

Quark and Odo fighting in Ascension. Any fight will do.

Jadzia arriving to Quark's in "Who Mourns For Morn" and her reaction to Morn hologram.

Nog is one of my favourites, too. And the Ferengi dancing sequences in Jadzia's Bachelorette party was unbelievable funny.

One of my fave Garak moments was in Our Man Bashir when Julian is playing at being James Bond in the holosuite. Falcon (Miles) comes up behind him as he's chatting up some woman and Julian spins round opening a bottle of champagne and the cork hits him in between the eyes and knocks him out. Garak stands up clapping and they have a 'discussion' about him being there uninvited and Garak mockingly says to Bashir:

'Oh, no. I do apologise. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I would... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me'.

Always makes me laugh - lol.

As for Weyoun, he is sooo funny. Love when we meet the first one and he's handing out white to all the Jem'hadar. He's eating his dinner and is just so bored and peed off with being interrupted and having to go through the whole ritual, I really liked that Weyoun, shame. :confused: lol.

And when O'brien and Bashir are making fun of Worf saying they can smell lilac - lol.

Voyager   

Not sure if this is one of my favourite scenes, but I just saw it the other day from 'You Are Cordially Invited'

Bashir: Miles?

O'Brien: Yeah?

Bashir: It's working. I've had a vision about the future. I can see it so clearly.

O'Brien: What is it?

Bashir: I'm gonna kill Worf.

Nemesis   

it's very difficult.. there are so much wonderful scenes...

"the line has to be drawn here" scene with Quark...

but wait.. really the best scene, which has also the biggest influence in my life (talking about the influence star trek has on me) is the scene between Captain Sisko and Jake Sisko in "the hands of the prophets" (final episode season 1).

They're talking about faith in the extreme ways.. on both sides.. it's really good.. and everytime I see that scene it reminds me to be tolerant against people who believe extremely or not. this together with the scene with a conversation between kira and odo (when sisko don't want to be the emissary and someone from the past takes over). when she says.. You can't explain.. that's belief.. really wonderful. this all together reminds me to be tolerant, friendly, respectful and accept everyone. All believes, rituals, etc..

this is also in general the message of star trek I believe..

as you can see.. star trek is more then just scifi.. it can go deep! but it's also a lot of entertainment which can help me relax and think about life.

Bashir: It's working. I've had a vision about the future. I can see it so clearly.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember that one! The two of them really know how to lighten the mood. :biggrin:

Cheile   
Not sure if this is one of my favourite scenes, but I just saw it the other day from 'You Are Cordially Invited'

oh i LOVED THAT!! the friend i was watching it with at the time and i literally HOWLED. pissed her dad off cuz we were being too loud. :P

Mishi   
it's very difficult.. there are so much wonderful scenes...

"the line has to be drawn here" scene with Quark...

but wait.. really the best scene, which has also the biggest influence in my life (talking about the influence star trek has on me) is the scene between Captain Sisko and Jake Sisko in "the hands of the prophets" (final episode season 1).

They're talking about faith in the extreme ways.. on both sides.. it's really good.. and everytime I see that scene it reminds me to be tolerant against people who believe extremely or not. this together with the scene with a conversation between kira and odo (when sisko don't want to be the emissary and someone from the past takes over). when she says.. You can't explain.. that's belief.. really wonderful. this all together reminds me to be tolerant, friendly, respectful and accept everyone. All believes, rituals, etc..

this is also in general the message of star trek I believe..

as you can see.. star trek is more then just scifi.. it can go deep! but it's also a lot of entertainment which can help me relax and think about life.

That was one of my all time favorite scenes too. That's one of the many reasons why Sisko finally took Kirk's place as my favorite captain. It's one of those scenes that you can watch again and again. I loved his speech to Jake near the end. Now I want to go find that quote :laugh:

It is not often discussed, but I've always loved Sisko's performance in "Waltz," particularly towards the episode's conclusion. After dancing around the topic for the majority of the series, the contempt that Sisko has for Dukat is at last made clear.

The following is dialogue from the episode:

Sisko: "What the hell do you want from me? My approval? Is that what this is all about? You want me to give you my permission to cause more suffering and death? Well, if that's what you're after, you might as well pull out that phaser and end this right now, because I will never give it to you!"

Several minutes later, as Dukat is pointing a phaser at him:

Sisko: "Do it!"

Excellent work by Brooks and Alaimo. Their interactions are, in some ways, reminiscent of the exchanges between Kirk and Khan in Star Trek II.

--Captain Sisko

One of my favorites is Quark throughout The Seige of AR-558.

He starts off being the typical Ferengi, moaning about the Nagus sending him to the front lines to get him a first hand account of things.

Then we have him comparing what the Ferengi would have done differently and how they would have made a deal with the Dominion rather than fight.

Then his long speech on how savage 'Hew-mons' become if you deprive them of their creature comforts, and put them in danger for an extended time period.

And finally him screaming and shooting the Jem-hadar who walked into the infirmary when he was looking after Nog and the look on his face after doing so, the realisation that he's just the same as the 'Hew-mons'.

I've loved Quark's family in general throught DS9 because they've often shown there's more to Ferengi than profit, but this episode's probably his best.

Voyager   
It is not often discussed, but I've always loved Sisko's performance in "Waltz," particularly towards the episode's conclusion. After dancing around the topic for the majority of the series, the contempt that Sisko has for Dukat is at last made clear.

The following is dialogue from the episode:

Sisko: "What the hell do you want from me? My approval? Is that what this is all about? You want me to give you my permission to cause more suffering and death? Well, if that's what you're after, you might as well pull out that phaser and end this right now, because I will never give it to you!"

Several minutes later, as Dukat is pointing a phaser at him:

Sisko: "Do it!"

Excellent work by Brooks and Alaimo. Their interactions are, in some ways, reminiscent of the exchanges between Kirk and Khan in Star Trek II.

--Captain Sisko

You're right, I love that scene, very powerful.

Tone720   
You're right, I love that scene, very powerful.

as is most of the episode.... great performances from both Brooks and Alaimo there :thumbup:

Is that quote from the moment where after, sisko knocks Dukat out and says "and that is why you're not an evil man...." ?

I also have too many scenes which I love but one I have to mention is the scene from In the Pale Moonlight where you see Sisko talk to the screen/audience. This is my absolute favorite episode