Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voyager

Favourite Character moments/scenes

9 posts in this topic

What are your favourite moments or scenes for the TNG characters. If you can't think of a specific moment, you can just pick an episode

Picard - When he wakes up in bed with Q

Riker - none

Worf - 'Emissary'

Data - When he pushes Crusher off the boat (technically in the film, but who cared :P)

La Forge - not sure

Crusher - not sure

Crusher Brat - none

Yar - 'Yesterday's Enterprise'

Guinnan - when she makes cat claws at Q

Troi - Whenever her mother comes to visit

Picard: Make it so number 1!

Riker: Tough little ship? (Star Trek: First Contact)

Data: Hmmm, so many to pick...I can't decide lol

Worf: The burp he did in Genesis (What? I thought it was pretty funny when he did that lol )

Geordi: None

Beverly Crusher: None

Wesley Crsher: None

Troi: "Mother!"

Tasha: Yesterday's Enterprise

Jean-Luc - When he LOLs in the cargo bay in "Up The Long Ladder".

Riker - When he's with his son Jean-Luc in "Future Imperfect".

Worf - "Good tea. Nice house." ("The Survivors")

Data - When he gets all these multiple personalities in "Masks". (And when he pushes Crusher into the water in Generations. Good one, Voyager! :thumbsup2: )

LaForge - When he's trying to get rid of Jean-Luc in "Phantasms".

Crusher - When Worf spits right into her face in "Genesis". :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Crusher Brat - Whenever he gets hurt in any way. *lol*

Yar - The scene with Jean-Luc on the bridge when she's all horrified that she's crying. ("Hide & Q")

Guinan - The scene in which she tells Riker that he has to let go of Jean-Luc in order to save him. ("The Best Of Both Worlds, Part II")

Troi - The whole "Face Of The Enemy" episode.

Data - When he gets all these multiple personalities in "Masks". (And when he pushes Crusher into the water in Generations. Good one, Voyager! :thumbsup2: )

I had a feeling that you'd approve. Seeing that little clip on lj the other day just made me burst out laughing. I think it made it my favourite scene!

I had a feeling that you'd approve. Seeing that little clip on lj the other day just made me burst out laughing. I think it made it my favourite scene!

:devil: Glad I could help you decide which scene's your favorite! :laugh:

It is kinda refreshing, isn't it?

f2b025fda56dba37c740bf85509ac6a9.gif

Picard: encounters with Q and little bits of romance with Beverly

Riker: all the more romantic scenes with Deanna and "Red Alert", Frame of Mind, Second Chances

Data: Dr. Okun (sorry watching ID4 a the moment), playing Sherlock Holmes

Deanna: scenes with Riker and in Face of the Enemy

Beverly: romantic scenes with Picard and the scenes in Sub Rosa with the ghost

Geordi: Relics scenes with Scotty. Geordi and Scotty are my 2 favorite Star Trek engineers although Trip gave them a run for their money

Worf: holodeck fight scenes

Tasha: The Naked Now in general

Wesley: scenes with Robin Lefler

Picard - whenever he puts Q or annoying aliens in their place

Riker - just being there :blush: lol. When he stands up to Jellico in "Chain of Command".

Worf - dunno. Maybe in "Redemption" when he gets his honour back. And "Parallels" in general.

Crusher - none really. Oh, maybe when she falls in the water in "Generations" ;)

Crusher jr - when he LEAVES!! :laugh:

Geordi - whenever he rolls under the blast door in engineering.

Troi - again, none really.

Guinan - when she stabs Q with the fork in Ten-Forward :laugh:

Lwaxana - when she stops coming on to Picard and switches to Riker lol. It's just funny. (Can't remember the episode though)

Posted (edited)

- Picard lecturing Wesley in The First Duty. Picard's expression of distaste at certain points is particularly memorable, although the dialogue is what really stands out. ('The first duty of every Starfleet Officer is to the truth', etc.)

- Barclay trying to explain the experience of extreme shyness to Geordi. (Hollow Pursuits.)

- O'Brien and a Cardassian talking in Ten Forward. For an idealistic, light show like TNG, this is actually quite a grim moment. O'Brien eventually says: 'It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became, because of you.' (The Wounded.) I had to look that line up online, so hopefully it's accurate.

- The crew attending a concert (which includes Data playing an instrument) in Sarek.

Edited by Explorer3

Another tough thread; it's really tough to think of just ONE with some of these terrific characters...:S

Picard - His impassioned plea for Data's right to be declared a free, sentient being in S2's "Measure of a Man."   What began as a Data episode turned into a Picard episode by the end, and much of that was due to the strength of Picard's flawless argument on Data's behalf.   

His discussion with the crew on the ramifications of the Prime Directive in "Pen Pals." 

His final speech on the witness stand in S4's "Drumhead."

His clutching the Ressikan flute close to his chest at the end of "Inner Light." 

Waking up with Q in "Tapestry." :giggle:

Allowing himself to be nearly killed to prove he isn't a god in S3's "Who Watches the Watchers?"

"The First Duty": "A lie of omission is still a lie"; his entire scene with Wesley is just electric... one of the best scenes in the entire SERIES as far as I'm concerned. 

"THERE...ARE... FOUR... LIGHTS!"  His final victory over Gul Madred and his torture in S6's "Chain Of Command" part 2.

Gee... I think there should be a whole thread of these, perhaps...  :giggle: (The Many Awesome Moments of Jean-Luc Picard/OS )

Riker - In S2's "A Matter of Honor"; where he smartly relieves the Pagh's irrational captain of command by using his own emergency transponder.   

His blurring of reality and illusion during the live performance of the play in S6's "Frame of Mind"; Frakes' confusion and fear is palpable.   Very well-acted.

The scene in his quarters with Capt. Jellico in S6's "Chain Of Command part 2." 

Worf - Leaving the Enterprise with full honors, in S4's "Redemption" part 1.  

S3's "Survivors":  "Nice house... good tea."  :P

Data - Breaking my heart with his daughter Lal in her final moments in "The Offspring."   He conveyed so much emotion without showing overt emotion... no easy feat for actor Brent Spiner.  

His single word that began an interstellar friendship, "Yes" (S2's "Pen Pals").   This was an extremely underrated episode, and is arguably what the entire series is about...

And pushing Beverly off of the deck of the HMS Enterprise in GEN (though not technically part of the series, I can never get enough of that...:giggle: ).

Geordi  - Pouring his drink all over O'Brien in S4's "Mind's Eye" (he manages to look both slightly askew and like 'his old self'; brilliant acting considering he did it without using his EYES).

Exiting the holodeck in "Elementary Dear Data" when he points out that Data is 'cheating' at playing Sherlock Holmes...

Beverly - None.    (Okay, maybe when she was pushed into the water in GEN...:giggle: ).

Wesley  - Coming clean to the inquiry board in "First Duty."   Easily Wesley's best episode.  

His wonderfully awkward (at first) shuttle ride with Picard in S2's "Samaritan Snare."   Terrific moments for BOTH characters.

I feel Wesley was an unfairly utilized character, and it was no fault of the actor, whom I admire very much and have met a few times.  He's a great guy. 

Pulaski -  Her tea ceremony with Worf in "Up the Long Ladder."

Her destroying her own clone in "Up the Long Ladder" and arguing for her right to choose what happens to her DNA g@ddammit...;)

Saving Picard's life in "Samaritan Snare" ("You're welcome..." ;) ).

Her arguing that the Prime Directive is a bit "cowardly"; S2's "Pen Pals." 

Filling up on tea and crumpets with Moriarty in "Elementary Dear Data."  She's delightful and keeps her cool with him the entire time.   

Have I mentioned I both love and miss her character??  Damn, I really, really, really wish they'd kept her after S2...:S

Tasha - Delivering her own eulogy in S1's "Skin Of Evil."   Oh man, that scene just kills me... :cry:

Her scene with Guinan in Ten-Forward in S3's "Yesterday's Enterprise." 

Guinan - Lecturing Geordi about being more natural with women in S3's "Booby Trap."

Cleverly giving Picard the winning angle for Data's defense ("whole generations of disposable creatures") in S2's "Measure of a Man."

Her younger self meeting Data and Picard each for the 'first time' in S5-6's "Time's Arrow", parts 1 and 2.  "Is that a clipper ship?"

Troi - Telling the "Goddess of Empathy" to "Muzzle it" (S3's "Hollow Pursuits")

"This gives me the authority!"   Troi really burying herself in the part, in S6's wonderful Troi vehicle "Face of the Enemy" (my favorite Troi episode).

Finally putting on a damn uniform in "Chain of Command." 

Like Wil Wheaton's Wesley, I think Marina Sirtis' Troi was another potentially great character done a tremendous disservice by the writers.  The actress is charming as hell too; she has a personality that can light up a room.   Troi slowly began to adopt some of Sirtis' qualities over the years, but it was too little, too late...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0