Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

Endgame pt1 & 2

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Endgame

VOY Season 7, Episodes 25 & 26

TELEPLAY BY

Kenneth Biller and Robert Doherty

STORY BY

Rick Berman, Kenneth Biller

and Brannon Braga

DIRECTED BY

Allan Kroeker

First Aired May 23, 2001

Stardate Unknown

A future Admiral Janeway visits present day Captain Janeway telling her of a plan to finally get the stranded crew home. The crew act with mixed feelings when they discover they must traverse a Borg infested nebula.

Endgame

VOY Season 7, Episodes 25 & 26

TELEPLAY BY

Kenneth Biller and Robert Doherty

STORY BY

Rick Berman, Kenneth Biller

and Brannon Braga

DIRECTED BY

Allan Kroeker

First Aired May 23, 2001

Stardate Unknown

A future Admiral Janeway visits present day Captain Janeway telling her of a plan to finally get the stranded crew home. The crew act with mixed feelings when they discover they must traverse a Borg infested nebula.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic end to a fantastic series. I know a lot of people were disappointed with the ending because we didn't see them back on Earth, but I really like the way it ended. If it wasn't for C/7 then this would be the perfect episode.

A great end to a great series! :biggrin: I loved every bit of it (except for Chakotay/Seven...must not exist!)

I thought of doing the Rate this Episode poll threads so I'll do that soon.... :P

The only thing i found confusing was the end. It was bad editing, like they had cut a huge bit out of it. They were heading into the transwarp gate and then they faced a dilemma, i think it was something about being only able to destroy the hub while being in the tunnel but then a sphere appeared. I can't remember it exactly but it never really solved this dilemma, they just appeared after the sphere was destroyed. It was really random. The only help was Elite Force 2 that explained Voyager was captured inside the sphere. It wasn't canon though.

That would be cool. Maybe we could just edit these threads and add a poll.

You can but I can't because I'm not a mod here, hehehe

I don't think it'll hurt to make the threads...what we can do is when making a thread, including the link of the summary episode thread so people can refresh their memory on the synopis that way we don't have to type that part again.

Good idea. Do you want to do as we did last time? You do one season, I do another?

How did I know you were going to say that? Hehehe

Of course...I'll start with season 1 (as we'll go the other way around :P ). I'll get started on that a little later today :)

So I have returned to post about this Star Trek final!

As it was the first and only one I watched during the actual TV airing...

I thought it was a rather good end to the series... It wasn't fantastic, and to be honest I think it would have been better if they didn't involve the borg in anyway. Voyager simply juiced way too much out of the borg, and it was becoming trying... :dontgetit:

However, the future Janeway was excellent, and I am a big fan of her shuttle SC4, it was awesome! I wish they had developed some plot that just involved her trying to get the crew home... Whether it be using more technology, or something similar to the caretaker's array. The borg was just to cliche and overused. My uncle who is a major Star Trek fan was saying months in advanced he hoped they wouldnt use the borg, but he expected they would.

But all in all it was a good episode.

The scene in the transwarp hub is definitely EXTREMELY CONFUSING, I still have no idea what went on, and I am not sure if the EF2 solution is quite on target, but its better then nothing.

How did I know you were going to say that? Hehehe

Of course...I'll start with season 1 (as we'll go the other way around :P ). I'll get started on that a little later today :)

Great :thumbsup2:

The scene in the transwarp hub is definitely EXTREMELY CONFUSING, I still have no idea what went on, and I am not sure if the EF2 solution is quite on target, but its better then nothing.

I've got admit, I did find that scene a little confusing too. It said that they only route out was back to the Delta Quadrant and then they ended up in the Apha Quadrant :huh:

Oh yeah, that scene was confusing indeed when that route was the only way to go which would them back to the DQ and they ended up where they were suppose to be...the Alpha Quadrant, surrounded by a fleet of ships :P Blame the writers for that error lol

Oh yeah, that scene was confusing indeed when that route was the only way to go which would them back to the DQ and they ended up where they were suppose to be...the Alpha Quadrant, surrounded by a fleet of ships :P Blame the writers for that error lol

and the 7 years of error before it :P

This episode was awesome indeed, just watching Janeway really screw the Borg Queen over was invigorating! Proving that she was the ultimate female badass! However I still can't stop thinking about the possible time paradox Janeway created that will force her to die in the end, though it's still amazing just to look at how she sacrificed that just to get Voyager's crew home!

For a tv show finale it was ok,i like the fact janeway did get her crew and ship home,plus i cant belive that harry becomes a captain and have his own command in the future

The ironic thing was, Janeway probably erased that future... She was secretly working to make sure Kim never actually got promoted.

It may seem weird that this is my favourite episode and I'm only giving it a 9, when I've given others a 10, but the reason is, that overall I enjoy this best, but the C/7 is so evil that a point must be deducted.

Fantastic episode, apart from C/7 which sucked. The ending was a bit confusing too, but I didn't mind not seeing them back on Earth. It would have been too much of an anti-climax, and they did show a bit of the alternate timeline before all the action happened.

I loved the fact that they could eat the cake and have it too, i.e. both get home and destroy the transwarp hub, not to mention dismember the Borg queen. Of course, VOY Borg aren't anywhere near as scary as TNG Borg, but never mind.

1 point deducted for C/7...

^ Finally, someone else who doesn't mind that we don't see them back on earth at the end of the episode.

I'm not so sure I agree with you Pointy. DS9 was ruined by the lack of Terry Farrell. Once she refused to have her image used in the episode, they should've rewritten the whole thing to omit all the flashbacks. I thought Terra Prime was a very good finale, for me TATV is just a bonus, not a bad episode but not worthy of being the finale. I don't like All Good Things... because it has Q, and I detest Q except when he's mortal, then he's funny. I won't even mention the atrocity that was Turnabout Intruder...

Yeah, they should definitely have taken the flashbacks out once Terry refused to allow scenes of her to be used. Anyone know why she did?

Okay, I fold. Despite the C/7, I've got to give this a 10 because it's my favourite episode. I love seeing Janeway interact with her older self.

Guest Admiral K Janeway

a 10 from me.

Briliant episode, love it.

its always gr8 when two Janeway's go head-to-head.

Sign in to follow this