Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

Sarek

Episode name: "Sarek"

Season: 3

Director: Les Landau

Oooooh, Sarek. I can't even begin to say how happy his appearance makes me. *grin* The scene in which Jean-Luc confronts him in his quarters is one of my all-time favorite TNG scenes. I love how Jean-Luc takes over the Vulcan part, he remains calm and logical whereas Sarek freaks out more and more. It's wonderfully done IMO.

Oh and I also like Perrin a lot. Hehe I can totally see why she married a Vulcan. If I weren't so fond of Jean-Luc, I'd totally want a Vulcan, too. *lol*

And I really love the scene in which Jean-Luc yells at Riker. "DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Aww. Don't be so mean to your Number One, Jean-Luc!

I loved that episode too. I loved the part where Picard had to mind meld with him. I particularly loved where Sarek spoke of the intense passion that was hidden underneath the stern Vulcan logic.

When Picard was "Sarek" and talking of how he loved Perrin and Amanda, I just loved that part. It was so emotional and well done!

When Picard was "Sarek" and talking of how he loved Perrin and Amanda, I just loved that part. It was so emotional and well done!

Oh yes, that's probably one of Mr. Stewart's finest moments on TNG. Which is really awesome because they had to re-shoot the scene a couple of times because the director didn't like this and that about it... so he had to do it over and over again. (At least that's what I heard.) It's very powerful, yes. :)

Ooo I agree with you guys. That was one of my favorite parts. Stewart really shines as an actor here, and I found it so incredibly well done.

When Sarek cried, I wanted to huggle him.

When Sarek cried, I wanted to huggle him.

Same here. Poor thing. How horrible it must be for a Vulcan like Sarek to sit there with that tear in his eyes... such a public display of emotion... *shudders at the mere thought of crying in front of people, too* I do love how Perrin wipes away the tear, though. *sigh* Aww.

I thought that was sweet, too. I hate crying in front of people as well, even in private I dont particularly care for it. But yes, it had to be so incredibly rough on him to sit there knowing he was on the verge of somehow losing it.

I thought that was sweet, too. I hate crying in front of people as well, even in private I dont particularly care for it. But yes, it had to be so incredibly rough on him to sit there knowing he was on the verge of somehow losing it.

Yeah neither do I... crying = weakness IMO. *nod*

Yeah and yet Sarek continued to deny that there was something wrong... it's really heartbreaking to hear/see him say "it was late, I was fatigued..." in response to Jean-Luc's "Is it logical for a Vulcan to cry?" question. *sigh*

Oh the tear scene was heartbreaking! It was very touching the way Perrin loved and cared for him.

I hate crying in front of people too, I can't imagine what it would be like for a Vulcan to succumb to tears and not be able to control it.

Yes, the whole Sarek & Perrin relationship is very, very fascinating indeed. I love how Jean-Luc tells Perrin that "He loves you. Very much." at the end of the episode and she simply says "I know. I've always known." (or something like that) This is coming from me, someone who usually doesn't care AT ALL for het romance! *lol*

The biggest thing i loved about this episode was how Sarek was dealing with old age and how his loss of emotions was compatible to dementia in elderly people. It was really well acted and was enhanced by the later episode Unification. Absolutely loved this ep!

Mrs. P, if you felt that way about that scene, then you really need to read that book I mentioned last week!

And, I agree, HerbieZ, I loved how this episode was mentioned and sort of used later in Unification. Sarek was a stubborn Vulcan through and through :laugh: And I loved every minute of it. He was quite handsome in the movies in those burgundy robes.

It was a great episode,sarak having problems with growing old and the problems with it and i like the scene where picard and riker alomost come to blow on the bridge.

Mrs. P, if you felt that way about that scene, then you really need to read that book I mentioned last week!

And, I agree, HerbieZ, I loved how this episode was mentioned and sort of used later in Unification. Sarek was a stubborn Vulcan through and through :laugh: And I loved every minute of it. He was quite handsome in the movies in those burgundy robes.

It's very high on my "must get this TOS book" list. Sooner or later I will get it. ;) Patience... patience. :laugh:

Oooh yes, Sarek is really handsome. *agrees* I like him the most in the movies and in the TNG episodes... I also like his voice. He could read a Vulcan phone book and it would still sound awesome. *sigh* *envies Perrin*

The final "Strange New Worlds" series of short stories contains a spectacular short story about Perrin Mrs. P. (Volume 10) I highly recommend it!

The final "Strange New Worlds" series of short stories contains a spectacular short story about Perrin Mrs. P. (Volume 10) I highly recommend it!

Thank you! I'll look for that one, too! :clap: One can never have enough Perrin-related stuff. Hehe. I think I view her as some sort of role model. As I've said before, I can totally see why she married a Vulcan.

OH you will flip out over this one! It won the Grand Prize for the entire series! Written by Gerri Leen it's called "The Smell of Dead Roses" and it touches on how Perrin met, fell in love with and lived her days with Sarek. - All the while still caring for Amanda's rose garden. Stunning piece of work IMHO.

OH you will flip out over this one! It won the Grand Prize for the entire series! Written by Gerri Leen it's called "The Smell of Dead Roses" and it touches on how Perrin met, fell in love with and lived her days with Sarek. - All the while still caring for Amanda's rose garden. Stunning piece of work IMHO.

Wee, yea, that really sounds great... I've always wanted some additional information on Sarek and Perrin (or on him and Amanda, doesn't matter). I doubt I'd have taken care of Amanda's rose garden, though! (I know, jealousy is illogical. *lol* Nah. Flowers hate me. Really. That's why I wouldn't go near it! :laugh: )

Oooh I really have to read this... and I really want to know how Perrin managed to survive without her beloved mint tea! *lol* (I love mint tea, too. Hehe.)

It is! I love the short stories! They're always SOOOO much better than the novels - and "Strange New Worlds" were all (for the most part) written by fans....

AEL! LOVE the new avvie!

Thanks! I provided the pic and Mrs P played with it for me.

He looks happy to be my avvie. Happy looking Romulans are rare to come by, so I take em as I get em :happy::inlove:

That would be Rekar from the voy epi - Message in a Bottle. Love that ep for many reasons, though.

I agree that alot of short stories seem to rival their novel counterparts. Most of them seem to know the characters better and they flow smoother. Ive had some novels before, where reading them felt like a brillo pad massage! lol

This episode made me cry, it was so beautiful when Picard was letting all of Sarek's emotions out, I was on the verge of tears.

I didn't like his new wife though...but that's a personal thing...

This episode made me cry, it was so beautiful when Picard was letting all of Sarek's emotions out, I was on the verge of tears.

I didn't like his new wife though...but that's a personal thing...

Yeah, that makes, what...three wives for him now?

First, the Vulcan Princess, then Amanda...now Perrin.

Yeah, that makes, what...three wives for him now?

First, the Vulcan Princess, then Amanda...now Perrin.

I don't know if he was technically married to the Princess or not; he has, after all, a thing for human women.

Another episode I have to look out for.

The original Romulan commander- I recognized Sarek's adorable nose and wavy hair the minute I first saw his pic from one of the movies! :inlove: x3 ( don't mind my tendency too focus on the physical looks- I've obviously got a lot of catching up to do with TNG )

Sign in to follow this